Forum rules - please read before posting.

Is there a way to get the player's coordinates when an actionlist is set to Pause Gameplay?

edited November 2019 in Technical Q&A

I'm trying to get the rotation of my player every frame checking the movement handler under UpdatePlayerMovement in the PlayerMovement script. I have a situation where a few actionlists are set to Pause Gameplay while running and one of the actions I'm running in them is Object:Transform to move the player to a marker over several seconds. While this actionlist is running the PlayerMovement script doesn't seem to run, but it does state in the script that it updates every frame. Is there a way I can get this script to keep updating while the Pause Gameplay actionlist is running? Or is there another way I can scan for the Player's rotation value every frame?

Thanks

Comments

• UpdatePlayerMovement is only called during gameplay, as it deals with the movement commands of the player (user), not the player (character).

I'm not clear on how you're using PlayerMovement to get the Player's rotation value, but this can be accessed via the Player directly:

AC.KickStarter.player.TransformRotation;