Forum rules - please read before posting.

Sync Global Variable

Hi,

I use Adventure Creature and Behavior Designer (from Opsive), and I would like to know how I can set common variables, because something to do is more easier in AC and other thing is in BD. I read manual of course and I did simple game with AC successfully, I know in Variables I should set Link To field, but I don't have coding knowledge. Can somebody helps me?

Thank you very much in advance!

Comments

• See the included "Variable Linking Example" script/component, as well as the Manual's "Linking with custom scripts" chapter, for details on how to link AC variables.

A further example, that syncs AC with Bolt variables, can be found on the AC wiki.

• Thank you very much, I will check it and try to create something.

By the way, I see that, AC has an integration with BD, what means, user can calls behavior tree from (for example) AC cutscene. It would be very comfortable. But when I would like to install this package, decompress failed. Do you know what could be the problem?

The Unity error message:
    Failed to import package with error: Couldn't decompress package

• What is BD and where did you get the package from?

• Behavior Designer from O....e, and on their website. I have to use BD because of creating AI-s. And I would like to start these behaviors from AC Cutscene and make the other more things is Adventure Creator.

• edited November 2019

If there's an issue with Opsive's package, you will need to contact them about it.