Forum rules - please read before posting.

Error on timeline Speech Track

Hi there! :)

When dragging the playhead on a timeline across a Speech Track the following happens:

1. I get the following warning: "Cannot preview subtitles menu ;Subtitles' in Unity UI - switching its Source to Adventure Creator!"
  2. I get a NullReferenceException on line 233 (previewSpeechMenu was just set to null and now asked to invoke the SetSpeech method)

Is using Unity UI menus not compatible with the Speech Track? I tried creating a copy (SubtitlesPreview) set to "Adventure Creator" which got rid of the warning but not the exception

Unity 2018.2.13
AC 1.69.4

Comments

• Is using Unity UI menus not compatible with the Speech Track?

No, hence the warning. You can continue to use your original Subtitles menu for display, it'll just be rendered using the AC source settings.

Temporarily switch your Subtitle Menu's Source back to AC, tweak it's display while previewing in the Game window to look acceptable enough for this purpose, then switch back to Unity UI. The AC variant will be used when Timeline previewing.

I get a NullReferenceException on line 233 (previewSpeechMenu was just set to null and now asked to invoke the SetSpeech method)

From MenuPreview, I'm assuming. I'll look into it.

• Regarding the exception: Yes, previewSpeechMenu was set to null inside RemovePreviewSpeechMenu()

Thanks!