Forum rules - please read before posting.

Having a global Action to be called "OnLoad" on each scene - without doing per-scene editing.

edited December 2019 in Technical Q&A

Hi there!

I have quite a lot of scenes in my current game, and I need to execute some code right after each time a scene is loaded from a savegame.

Basically, I'd need the OnStart field of the scenes to be using scene Actionlists, and the OnLoad to be using ActionListAssets - but without manually filling it, I'd need some code to be executed regardless of the scene content.

Only 1 condition: I need to change the game systems and player properties after the savegame gets loaded, basically overriding the player/systems saved states.

The actionlist asset I could be calling could be as simple as:

but I may be doing a few extra checks, which needs not to be overwritten when a game gets loaded.

I could create, manually, a local script which runs an asset actionlist, but that's the worst case scenario.

Is there any way to hook into scene loading, from a component that gets automatically instantiated in all scenes by AC?

Would a prefab dropped in all scenes be able to register to the OnLoad event, before it gets triggered by a savegame load event?

Even "temporary" hacks to AC's code are welcome.

Comments

• See the Manual's "Save scripting" chapter for a list of the available events:

OnBeforeSaving (int saveID);
    OnFinishSaving (SaveFile saveFile);
    OnFailSaving (int saveID);
    OnBeforeLoading (SaveFile saveFile);
    OnFinishLoading ();
    OnFailLoading (int saveID);