Forum rules - please read before posting.

Inventory - Separate Text element for item Name and Yield

When you create an Inventory Menu using Unity UI and selecting Display type: Icon and text, both the item label (Name) and item yield are populated in the the same Text element in the UI button:
Item Name (99)

Is there a way to have the Item name and yield number appear in separate labels for UI design purposes?

Thanks!

Comments

• This is with Unity UI?

You could use scripting to extract the yield/count value for a given UI slot, for display in a custom Text box, but the UI-linked Button will still display it in brackets. I'll look into how this could be made optional.

Extraction code:

using UnityEngine;
    using UnityEngine.UI;
    using AC;

public class ShowItemCount : MonoBehaviour
    {

public string menuName = "Inventory";
        public string elementName = "InventoryBox";
        public Text[] yieldTexts;

MenuInventoryBox inventoryBox;

private void Start ()
        {
            inventoryBox = PlayerMenus.GetElementWithName (menuName, elementName) as MenuInventoryBox;  
        }

private void Update ()
        {
            for (int i=0; i<yieldTexts.Length; i++)
            {
                int count = inventoryBox.GetItem (i).count;
                yieldTexts[i].text = (count > 0) ? count.ToString () : string.Empty;
            }
        }

}

• Chris, this would still be a great thing! Any news on when this will be implemented in AC?

• Using a custom script as above is still the best option, since how/where exactly you display such text is going to vary between projects.