Forum rules - please read before posting.

Turn On/Off Colliders

I have a character with a script called V Foot Step (by Invector guys). In order to use this script, my character has to have colliders attached to his feet that will contact with the ground to make a sound. This script works fine and I really like it because I can create many sound zones where I need them (ground, grass, water, wood, metal, etc.) and use different footstep sounds.

But the problem is - every time when I teleport my character to any marker ( for example if I want to hide my character from the camera) I hear a footstep sound. And this is correct because the character's colliders are contacting with the ground when they hit it. So I want to turn off these colliders before teleporting my character to the marker to not hear footstep sound.

Is there a way to turn On/Off colliders? I found Remember Collider script which is working fine when I set it to state off. But how can I turn it back to state On? Object: Send Message is not working.

Comments

• You can attach the Collision component to a Collider, and this will respond to TurnOn/TurnOff messages from the Object: Send message Action.

• It works!!! Yahoooo! As always thank you Chris:):):)