Forum rules - please read before posting.

[Feature Request] Add info about inciting action (list) to console's missing var message

Lately, I have been changing a lot of functionality from local to component variables in my project (because they're awesome). And of course, I delete the local vars after that in order to keep things tidy.

But sometimes I seem to miss one or two actions that still rely on local vars – ones that I have deleted already! –, which results in warning messages in the console "Previously chosen variable no longer exists".

My problem: I cannot read from this message, which action from which actionlist triggered the error. Would it be possible to add that information to the console warning?

Comments

• I shall look into it, but I would say that before deleting a local variable - you should first search for references made to it via the cog menu beside it.

• The point is, Chris: I did that.
    I swear, I did!
    At least, I believe I did …

Actually, deleting the local var beforehand is a fast way of detecting dead var references (otherwise, in a setup with a thousand+ of actions checking vars, it's close to impossible not to miss one), because of the console message.

• So what's the issue? That searching for references didn't reveal all of them?

Regardless, I'll provide more info in the warning message.