Forum rules - please read before posting.

Unity 2019.3.3f1 and AC bug in WebGL build

Even if you build e.g. the 2D demo in WebGL, the text, e.g. the menu items will be very small. Probably a Unity issue, but I am using a custom WebGL template (https://seansleblanc.itch.io/better-minimal-webgl-template) where if you resize the window, the small texts will become normal. Just thought I would report this, because seems to be an issue with recent Unity versions, maybe it's also something that could be fixed on ACs side.

Comments

• How small are we talking? Can you share some screens to illustrate?

If there's any change in the appearance of text between platforms / Unity versions, then it'll be down to changes made to Unity. Though, what is the behaviour if you don't use the custom WebGL template?

The 2D Demo relies on AC-sourced menus, which is based on Unity's OnGUI system. Relying on Unity UI for your interface should avoid this issue, and I'd recommend using this anyway once you're past the prototyping stage. The New Game Wizard can be used to create a UI-based default interface.

• It's very small. If you create a fresh new project with AC, then create a 2D demo WegGL build, then it will be already occuring with the default WegGL template. When using the above custom WebGL template, then it's also occuring, but that template triggers a resize of the Unity canvas when you resize the window, then these fonts will become normal size. Also running the 2D demo in Unity directly works. The Windows build also works fine.
    But thanks for the tips, I will try to transition to Unity UI soon. :)

• You're quite right - this is an AC issue.

You should be able to fix this by opening MainCamera.cs, and inserting the following into the bottom of its OnStart function (around line 194):

RecalculateRects ();