Forum rules - please read before posting.

[Feature proposal] Skip speech during cutscene if set as Is Skippable?

edited March 2020 in Engine development

Unless I'm mistaken there used to be an option to choose wheter speech can be skipped during cutscenes. Why is this option gone now?
AC 1.70.4
It now appears to be allowed by default.

Anyway I would like to propose a feature: "Can skip during cutscenes only if cutscene is set as Is Skippable?"
Having an dynamic option to choose whether speech can be skipped during specific Action Lists or not.

Comments

• There was never an option of this kind - I'm not sure what you're referring to.

However, any Manager property - including Subtitles can be skipped? can be set dynamically through script. You can set this field's value whenever an ActionList begins based on that ActionList's IsSkippable() function.

(To get an API reference to any Manager field value, just right-click on that field's label)

This script hooks into the OnBeginActionList custom event to set this field based on whether or not the begun ActionList can be skipped:

using UnityEngine;
    using AC;

public class DynamicSpeechSkipping : MonoBehaviour
    {

private void OnEnable () { EventManager.OnBeginActionList += OnBeginActionList; }

private void OnDisable () { EventManager.OnBeginActionList -= OnBeginActionList; }

private void OnBeginActionList (ActionList actionList, ActionListAsset actionListAsset, int startingIndex, bool isSkipping)
        {
            KickStarter.speechManager.allowSpeechSkipping = actionList.IsSkippable ();
        }

}

• Then excuse my confusion, I really thought there was an option to choose wheter speech can or can not be skipped during cutscenes.

Then turning off / on the option to skip when needed seems like the way to go.
    Thanks for the info.