Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspot's yellow gizmo off by default and doesn't save after update

edited March 2020 in Engine development

After updating Unity and AC to 2019.3.6f1 and 1.70.4 respectively, hotspot gizmos (Draw yellow cube?) state doesn't save when switching scenes in the editor. This applies to both the toggle in the hotspot inspector and the hotspots ON setting in AC's scene settings window. So whenever I open a scene all hotspot gizmos are off by default.
Before the update it worked fine. Does anyone else have this issue?

EDIT: This also applies to triggers and navmesh gizmos, but NOT Markers. Is it possible that this has to do anything with the upgrade of Unity's AssetDatabase to v2?

Comments

• The "Draw yellow cube?" option should save correctly, but the global Gizmo visibility of Hotspots is no longer serialized as part of a data-tidying effort. You'll have to show/hide them globally via the Visibility options in the Scene Manager from now on.

• You mean here, right?
    Enabling the gizmos here works, but they are again disabled when re-opening the scene.

You'll have to show/hide them globally via the Visibility options in the Scene Manager from now on.
    By that you mean every time I open the scene?

The "Draw yellow cube?" toggle works fine.

• By that you mean every time I open the scene?

That's correct.

• For me, the visibility toggle has to be used every time a new hotspot is created. The ones already present remain visible, but the default setting of the newly added hotspot always has visibility off.

• It should at least be consistent - I'll look into it.