Forum rules - please read before posting.

Missing cursor in non AC scenes

Hi, I'm trying to solve a cursor issue in my project for some time.

I'm building an Adventure creator environment - a house with multiple rooms. There are non AC minigames connected to some ot the rooms. These minigames are built as separated scenes which are not using AC.

Now the problem is that if I call the minigame from the AC house, my cursor disappears and I'm not able to interact with the scene. So I tried to enable the Unity cursor in minigames. Now it appears, but I it doesn't respond to any mouse input. My guess is AC somehow claimed the cursor functionality.

Any proper solution? Should I, for example, include AC to the minigame scene just to be able to use a cursor?

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @VacAng.

What are your AC/Unity versions, and are you using Software or Hardware cursor rendering, as set in the Cursor Manager?

Should I, for example, include AC to the minigame scene just to be able to use a cursor?

That's an option, but should not be necessary by any means. AC will take control over the cursor during an AC scene, and you may have to re-enable it upon leaving - but after that you should be OK.

How are you checking for input, exactly? Through code (e.g. Input.GetMouseButtonDown), or a Unity UI element? AC does provide its own default EventSystem - unless you spawn one - which may be interfering if it's still active.

A quick test for this would be to create a new default EventSystem, prefab it, and then assign it at the top of the Menu Manager - does that make a difference?