Forum rules - please read before posting.

Rich text tags displayed when scrolling

edited March 2020 in Engine development

Hello, beginner here, I'm using Unity 2019.3.7f1 and AC 1.70.4.
I think there is some sort of conflict between rich text tags and AC's text scrolling. Here's the issue : if I write the following dialogue line in the Action List Editor "< b>< i>Blablablaaaah< /i>< /b>." (putting spaces so you can see the tags) and enter play mode, the text is displayed in bold and italics as expected only until the scrolling reaches the last letter, at which point the tags are displayed as well and no longer have any effect on the text. However, this issue only appears if the "Scroll speech/narration text ?" option is enabled in the speech manager tab - otherwise, the text is displayed instantly and properly. In addition, there is no problem either when using a single tag with scrolling enabled.
And finally, the text is displayed correctly as well if there is a space between the two last tags - meaning we would have to include an unwanted space if the tags are supposed to end before a comma or a period. I can live with that, but still I think it would be nice to correct this issue - that is, if I'm not the only one having it !

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @Cheo.

Thanks for the bug report - I will attempt a recreation.

Are you using Unity UI to render the menu, and can you share the exact contents of the speech line - i.e. without spaces? You can copy/paste into e.g. paste.ofcode to avoid the display issue here on the forum.

• Hi, I've just made another quick test and I can confirm that the issue occurs with both Unity's and AC's UI. Now here's the exact line : <b><i>Blablablaaaah</i></b>.
    (Didn't get the paste of code stuff though, I just used &lt and &gt instead !)
    Have you recreated the bug on your side or is still just me ?

• Not just you - it's certainly a bug.

If a fix is simple enough to write here I shall do so, but either way - expect this addressed in the next release.

• Okay, thanks ! Anyway, it's not a major issue since it's not often that we precisely need bold and italic text just before a normal period, so I can wait for the next update :smile: