Forum rules - please read before posting.

FP Tutorial.. 'No Player found' after scene switch to Office

Following along the tutorial. In scene "office" there is no player prefab- but that is per the video. When I go to the next scene I got it to show up. (there is a Main Camera defined in Office)... but still.. there's "No Player".. what am I doing wrong? It seems like I'd need to include a Player in the Office Scene. But the tutorial doesn't show this. One thing.. the video is so blurry with that black I can barely see what is going on.

Comments

• I have followed the video tutorial exactly. Boy I am stumped.

• I'm using AC 1.70.4 latest with Unity 2019.3.4f1 "Cannot set first person camera because no player can be found!"

• edited April 2020

Have you assigned the Player prefab in the Settings Manager - under "Character settings"? This is done at 19:39 in the video.

If your Player prefab is assigned there, then this will be the default Player - and will be spawned in automatically by AC if there is no "local" Player object present in the scene file.

• that was it! There's some sort of 'Constant ID Script' lemme get a screen shot. MAN.. I can't believe I missed it. But it's the vid or my monitor or eyes. Even with screen magnifier...it's difficult to follow along.

• Here is "Constant ID" error.. I added it. Because even after I got it to work, errors showed up.. I hope I didnt mess up. Whoop wont let me upload screenshot.. "Game Object 'First Person Camera' was not because it doesnt have a 'Constant ID'.

• also the 'Convex Mesh' cannot be used as a floor..found that one out. Player drops right through it.

• Whoop wont let me upload screenshot..

See the forum rules - screenshots can't be uploaded here, but links can be copy/pasted from e.g. Imgur.com.

"Game Object 'First Person Camera' was not because it doesnt have a 'Constant ID'.

Was not "saved"? Just attach a Constant ID component to the First Person Camera - and check "Retain in prefab?" if it's part of your Player prefab.

The Constant ID component is used to generate a unique ID number for an object - this is how AC makes references to objects when saving the game, or accessing scene objects from asset files. Full details on this topic can be found in the Manual's "Saving scene objects" chapter.

also the 'Convex Mesh' cannot be used as a floor..found that one out. Player drops right through it.

That may be due to a difference in Unity versions. Just place down a Plane and disable its Mesh Renderer so that it acts as an invisible floor.

• Switching off "convex" cured it. Thanks Chris. If it weren't for your patient support I would give up. LOL. On GitHub they have some cool looking stuff for
    PLAYMAKER. Also, on asset store, a outstanding FP Shooting asset for $15. Well.. AC seems to have all a person could want. Just got to keep going.. and learn.

• It all depends on what kind of game you're looking to make - though AC does also have a code repository of its own in the form of the AC Wiki.

• ha thanks! I am browsing the Wiki now. I am stuck on the cupboard door, to get it to swing open.. breezed right through the rock, the drawers, though tedious.