Forum rules - please read before posting.

Rigidbody 2D and disappearing Inventory

Hi everybody,

I have two questions:

1) Should I use CircleCollider and Rigidbody2D for my character in a 2D game? The tutorial says so (here), but I am not able to see any reason!

2) Whenever a speech is played, my inventory disappears. I would like to always display the inventory on screen. How can I make it stay?

Thanks !

Comments

• the rigidbody is used for definatly for near hoptspot detection. may also be used in the collision to stop walking through other characters?
  • 1) They're necessary if you want all the features to work, e.g. collision as @klarax points out.  Triggers, too, require them.  However, they are optional - if you don't need those features, you can do without those components.

2) By default, the Inventory will hide itself during a cutscene, i.e. when it can't be clicked on.

You can change the Inventory's "Appear type" by selecting it in the Menu Manager.  If you change it to "Manual", then you'll have full control over when it's display using the "Menu: Change state" Action.
  • Awesome. Thank you so much @klarax and @ChrisIceBox!