Forum rules - please read before posting.

Calm Waters

Hey guys!

Here's a little 'gameplay teaser' of sorts, demonstrating my game, Calm Waters, all made with Adventure Creator.

Before AC, I had no idea how to use Unity and learnt little bits along the way as I learnt AC's features.

The character model is a temporary MakeHuman model and will be changed along with the interactive cursors etc.

Calm Waters is a horror/thriller point & click adventure.

Anyhow here's the teaser:

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Please like my Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/calmwatersgame

Thank you!

Comments

• Nice trailer!
  • I like the speaker, sounds really professional. Is that yourself or have you hired someone? And the sound seems well recorded. Promising ...
    Cheers,
    orrence.
  • I like what I see. The graphics are very well done and the narrator and music are really good too! I'm looking forward to see more as you're getting closer to release!
  • Cheers guys.

The voice-over is a paid, professional actor :)

I'll keep updating here. Thanks for the interest.
  • Nice TayannaStudios!
    Reminded me of the story and locations from Alan Wake.
  • It's influenced by Alan Wake, Twin Peaks and Lost :)
  • This is the 1st non-Chris AC example I've seen, looks really good.
  • This really does look great - the bar's been set, you guys!

Is the opening shot's camera controlled with the Camera: Switch Action, or did you make a custom animation?
  • edited March 2014
    Thanks again :)

All camera-motion animations are performed with the simple Camera: Switch action. It's all AC :)
  • "It's influenced by Alan Wake, Twin Peaks and Lost"

Oh man I love all of those. Nice.

As a non-sequitur is there no quote button on this forum system? Quite odd.
  • Hopefully you'll enjoy it :)

Yes, a quote feature would be handy.
  • Reminds me the feeling of Dear Esther. The narrator and the voice was good, but the only thing I didn't like was the recording: feels amateur. Try to use a good mic with a pop filter.
  • The Narrator and voice are the same guy/character :)

You're spot on about the mic popping though, I'll have a word with him, cheers.

• Looking good!

• I like it, cool atmosphere, nice graph! When a playable demo? :>
    I saw the trailer twice and don't noticed any popping in the voice, seems right and pro to me. 
    I also saw the Facebook profile, you made an earlier version with another program before Unity and AC?
    How many people are involved in this project?
    Sorry for the question but i'm making a similar point and click game (with other atmosphere and story, of course, eheh).
    Tx and keep up the good work! 
    B-)
  • No problem - Yeah, I began originally with AGS but I'd always wanted to port the game to iOS and Android which is rather complicated on AGS. There was a team of about 3 of us back then working on the game.

Now, it's just me who's doing the 3D scenes, models, animation, coding etc. I've hired others to do the voices obviously.

I'm not sure when I'll be releasing a demo - not until it's polished enough :)

Good luck with your project!
  • Cool man, the game looks great! And nice to see another AGS user making the crossing :) I've been learning AC bit by bit, mapping the old AGS features onto the new AC actions, but so far it's going well. I can imagine as a 3D game using Unity as a BIG step up from AGS right? Having free control over the camera to zoom and pan is incredible.
  • Cheers pal.

Switching to AC from AGS is indeed a big step but it's well worth it. This wouldn't have happened though if it wasn't for Chris. AC has been an absolute God-send.

For the first time ever, it's actually 'fun' to struggle with how to solve a problem. Again, this is down to AC.

The camera tweening is amazing and was one of the big things that drew me to AC. Well, that and the fact that I'd loved Telltale's Walking Dead series and AC could pretty much imitate it.

I can't praise this enough, and this is coming from someone who HATED 3D games with a passion lol.
  • Nice teaser!