Forum rules - please read before posting.

Show Hotspot only if Interaction Menu is not open

Hi,

currently I can show the hotspot icon never, always or "only when highlighting". I have an interaction menu that has a graphic where the hotspot is so it would be really good if the hotspot would become invisible as soon as the interaction menu opens. Is that possible?

I want to keep the hotspot as an indicator that an object is near so switching to never is not really good.

Comments

• Not currently, but it may be something that can be added.  The solution would be to set it to "Only When Highlighting", and then have it so that the Hotspots themselves don't highlight.  Are you referring to only the Hotspot that's active, or all Hotspots, when the Interaction menu is open?
  • I sent two screenshots through PM to make it clearer.
  • To answer your question: For me it would be sufficient to have a setting affecting all hotspots, something like a 4th option in the "show hotspot icon" dropdown: "only when no menu is shown"
  • Awesome in 1.46!! Thanks so much.
  • To simplify the game I have switched to context sensitive for interacting. I face a similar issue now. The hotspot icon is nicely drawn when in vicinity of the hotspot but when the text appears the icon will not disappear but overlay the text. 

Wouldn't it make sense to hide the hotspot icon as well when the hotspot text is shown + "only when highlighting" is selected + "context sensitive" mode is on?
  • No - a Hotspot is "highlighted" whenever it is active.  If you want to implement your own icon system, you can refer to the scripting guide.