Forum rules - please read before posting.

Possible Speech Audio bug

edited February 2016 in Technical Q&A
Hi @ChrisIceBox I have a huge problem, today I was gathering speech and the gather speech isn't detecting my npc anymore called "brother", instead of that calls all the files under Game Text in the Speech Tab "Player". I never had this problem so I think it must be a bug. No matter what I do, it is searching and sees all audio files as Player, instead of Player AND Brother. Maybe this is because I updated, and then after I already gathered some text from my cutscene, added another old scene to the buildsettings, still this doesn't make much sense. I just have the regular settings, so the speechtab is searching for audio files that are called Player or something else and then automatically should play it, like it also did before today. I don't use the extra options "search for prefab in filenames" etc. 

Comments

• Ok, it appeared to be my NPC's didn't have the npc script but the player script. Strange thing is though, that it played fine first, so I think it had something to do with the update. However I updated one week or two ago so it's still kind of strange. And I still get the following errors after gathering speech (which also wasn't the case before the update):

Error adding system: Data not available.
    UnityEditor.SceneManagement.EditorSceneManager:OpenScene(String)
    AC.UnityVersionHandler:OpenScene(String, Boolean) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/UnityVersionHandler.cs:155)
    AC.SpeechManager:GetLinesInScene(String, Boolean) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/SpeechManager.cs:1181)
    AC.SpeechManager:PopulateList() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/SpeechManager.cs:532)
    AC.SpeechManager:ShowGUI() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/SpeechManager.cs:247)
    AC.AdventureCreator:OnGUI() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/Editor/AdventureCreator.cs:223)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

Failed reading from: 'f7/f75ec7defadc15cff1cc16917f51df51.rpc.sse'.

AC.UnityVersionHandler:OpenScene(String, Boolean) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/UnityVersionHandler.cs:155)
    AC.SpeechManager:GetAllActionListAssets() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/SpeechManager.cs:1977)
    AC.SpeechManager:PopulateList() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/SpeechManager.cs:539)
    AC.SpeechManager:ShowGUI() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/SpeechManager.cs:247)
    AC.AdventureCreator:OnGUI() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/Editor/AdventureCreator.cs:223)

Failed loading probe set data for hash: 0xf75ec7defadc15cff1cc16917f51df51
    AC.SpeechManager:GetAllActionListAssets() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/SpeechManager.cs:1977)
    AC.SpeechManager:PopulateList() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/SpeechManager.cs:539)

Failed reading from: 'f7/f75ec7defadc15cff1cc16917f51df51.rpc.sse'.

• UnityEditor.SceneManagement.EditorSceneManager:OpenScene(String)
    AC.SpeechManager:GetLinesInScene(String, Boolean) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/SpeechManager.cs:1181)
    AC.SpeechManager:PopulateList() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/SpeechManager.cs:550)

Failed loading probe set data for hash: 0xf75ec7defadc15cff1cc16917f51df51
    AC.SpeechManager:PopulateList() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/SpeechManager.cs:550)

• So it could also be I did something wrong, but what? I also reseted the text, and still the errors.
  • If the NPC had the Player script, then it should have never worked - regardless of whether or not it used to, it needs to have the NPC script.

Check your Build settings - the errors suggest that it can't find the scenes in your game, and it uses the scenes listsed in your Build settings to find them.
  • edited February 2016
    The scenes are added to the buildsettings, that is the odd thing. In that case it seems it is searching for an old scene that is not anymore in the buildsettings. So even after I reseted the text? 

Other question: Is it possible to only gather speech for one scene? Because I have lots of texts in my game and if it has to gather always everything it takes some time, usually way more then it would have for a few lines I added.
  • edited February 2016
    PS: My NPC had a player script on it, 100 procent and it worked. I know this sound strange but it is true. But it was only for 10 lines in a cinematic scene. The other scene has indeed NPC scripts on the NPC's.
    EDIT: You said "whether or not", ok, so it is possible to work with a playerscript but it is wrong. Thank you, I will never make this mistake again! 
  • It's not possible to limit text gatherings to just one scene, as there's a lot going on behind the scenes beyond that.

Back to the problem: what platform, AC version and Unity version are you working on?  On what basis are you supposing that it is searching for old scenes?  Are speech lines from discarded scenes being listed when they shouldn't be?  As this problem is separate from your original post, please try to explain the effects this error is having - screenshots will always help, too.