Forum rules - please read before posting.

Crash after loading a saved game from build

Hi all,
I recently make a build for Windows to test all the 70 scenes of my game.
Sometimes Unity crash during the building process but after a couple of crash, it created a build.
When I run it, works properly but when I save and reload the just saved game, the game crash with a ntdll.dll error like here:

Nome evento problema: APPCRASH
  Nome applicazione: Build.exe
  Versione applicazione: 4.7.0.29693
  Timestamp applicazione: 5669f24a
  Nome modulo con errori: ntdll.dll
  Versione modulo con errori: 6.1.7601.23338
  Timestamp modulo con errori: 56a1c6e6
  Codice eccezione: c0000005
  Offset eccezione: 000222e2
  Versione SO: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  ID impostazioni locali: 1040
  Informazioni aggiuntive 1: 299a
  Ulteriori informazioni 2: 299ad8a2400bdbf1596ff10fc0d9641b
  Ulteriori informazioni 3: a30e
  Ulteriori informazioni 4: a30e761dc4904e3285b54f2718bc77a9

I selected only some scenes (from 0 to 39) and seems to save and load correctly. 
So I isolated the scene n. 40, made a build of that scene only and save/load works properly!
I don't know what else I can try to solve this issue... If somebody have some experience in that, please let me know!

Thanks

PS: using Unity 4.7.0 and AC1.49a
PS2: in the Unity editor, loading and saving game works correctly and no errors are shown...

Comments

• Make another test: with a backupped copy of the game, I update AC to the latest version 1.50i, keeping the original menu manager of AC. 
    The game start, I make a new save and I get the same error when load it...  :-S
  • edited March 2016
    Back to my original project, with AC1.49a, now I have a new issue... I don't have modify anything in that project and before my upgrade (made in the other folder) all works in the editor... now, I have 3 error msgs when hit play. And if I try to go in the Setting window, it hangs! An empty window appear... and I cannot click on the other window.
    So I reimported AC1.49a with default MenuManager and worked but when I reimport my SettingMenu, the problem reappear! But it worked before the other folder update, so I don't understand why that happen... ~X(

FormatException: Invalid length.
    System.Convert.FromBase64String (System.String s) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Convert.cs:146)
    AC.Serializer.DeserializeObjectBinary[OptionsData] (System.String pString) (at G:/Tortoise/Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/Serializer.cs:134)
    AC.Options.LoadPrefsFromID (Int32 ID, Boolean showLog, Boolean doSave) (at G:/Tortoise/Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Options/Options.cs:188)
    AC.Options.LoadPrefs () (at G:/Tortoise/Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Options/Options.cs:134)
    AC.Options.Start () (at G:/Tortoise/Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Options/Options.cs:35)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    AC.SaveSystem.GatherSaveFiles () (at G:/Tortoise/Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/SaveSystem.cs:130)
    AC.SaveSystem.Start () (at G:/Tortoise/Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/SaveSystem.cs:48)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    AC.Options.GetProfileName (Int32 index, Boolean includeActive) (at G:/Tortoise/Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Options/Options.cs:369)
    AC.MenuLabel.GetLabel (Int32 slot, Int32 languageNumber) (at G:/Tortoise/Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/MenuLabel.cs:477)
    AC.MenuLabel.AutoSize () (at G:/Tortoise/Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/MenuLabel.cs:532)
    AC.MenuElement.RecalculateSize (MenuSource source) (at G:/Tortoise/Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/MenuElement.cs:746)
    AC.Menu.PositionElements () (at G:/Tortoise/Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/Menu.cs:1187)
    AC.Menu.Recalculate () (at G:/Tortoise/Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/Menu.cs:1082)
    AC.Menu.Copy (AC.Menu _menu) (at G:/Tortoise/Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/Menu.cs:270)
    AC.PlayerMenus.RebuildMenus (AC.MenuManager menuManager) (at G:/Tortoise/Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerMenus.cs:103)
    AC.PlayerMenus.Start () (at G:/Tortoise/Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerMenus.cs:72)
  • Please post separate issues in separate threads, as it makes it easier to diagnose them.

If Unity is crashing when building, is there anything non-AC you're using in scene 40, like another scripting asset?  There's no detail here to have any clue as to what the problem might be.

For the second issue: fixes have been made to the save system since v1.49a, so upgrade to
    v1.50i and re-test.  If the errors still occur, re-post them as the line
    numbers will be different so that I can see what they refer to.