Forum rules - please read before posting.

2D Platformer with Adventure Creator

edited June 2014 in Technical Q&A
If I wanted to add some 2d Platforming elements (jumping, collision) from a traditional side point view of most platformers, how would I go about doing this with Adventure Creator? I understand that the playerscript has a checkbox to ignore gravity, but I'm not sure how to make a 'jump' or 'run' function. Is there an easy way to do this that I'm missing, or should I create it all from scratch (as in, using playmaker and watching a tutorial)? And if I did make this with something else, would I need to turn off Adventure Creator during each platforming level, and then turn it back on during each 'adventure' level?

Comments

• You can use the Engine: Manage systems Action to disable individual AC components such as movement etc.  If you wanted to rely on a separate asset for the platforming, you could use this Action to switch between modes mid-level.

That said, Direct control (in the Settings Manager) does allow for both running and jumping.  Check the Settings Manager for a list of available inputs, and enter them into Unity's Input Manager.