Forum rules - please read before posting.

Roadmap of new features

Dear Chris,

first of all, keep doing like this: AC is fantastic.

Secondly, do you think it could be possible for you to publish some roadmap of the upcoming features based on the next months? For example, if you already have in mind that in 3 to 6 months you are going to work on some new feature, we can already account this into the development process of our games, and i.e. focus on the art creation for example rather than solving other problems.
Also, I think it would be cool to have some kind of "vote for upcoming features" area, so that the community can help in shaping the prios for the future of AC.

Thanks and keep rocking!

Comments

• edited August 2016
    Thank you.  I've purposely avoided having an upcoming features area, or discussing roadmaps, so as not to place myself in a compromising position should such features not be possible or other circumstances get in the way and cause disappointment.

Currently, AC's development focus is on refinement and bugfixing over new features.  With the constant changes the Unity developers make to the base product, the number of professional games being made with AC (and, in truth, the toll active development AC has taken on myself), development will be directed primarily towards perfecting the existing features and maintaining compatibility - at least for the time being.

That said, new features such as the event system and improved custom integration handling are intended as a way of allowing users to implement their own features and tweaks where necessary.

Bugfixing, however, is and always will be the top priority.
  • "(and, in truth, the toll active development AC has taken on myself)"

Chris, take care of yourself mate - Adventure Creator 2.0 won't make itself!

;)
  • Well, makes total sense. Thank you for your quick reply!