Forum rules - please read before posting.

Can't run an action list in Loading Scene

Hello!
I'm trying to make a loading scene which would randomly display different images or animations (somewhat akin to Skyrim loading screens) but neither an action list, nor a cutscene can't be run in this scene and having several loading scenes doesn't seem to be possible either, so is there any way to allow random loading screens to appear?
Thanks!

Comments

• You're correct that ActionLists can't be run in the loading scene, but custom code that does the same thing can.

If the scene had a number of disabled sprites facing the camera, it would be quite simple to have a script to enable one of them at random.  Is that the kind of thing you're looking to do?
  • Thanks for pointing at how it could be achieved -- I tried to do it with PlayMaker and it worked.
    Thanks again :~)
  • edited July 2018
    Hi all,
    without PlayMaker how can I run a Cutscene (with a simple camera switch loop) in the Loading scene? There's a workaround or a premade custom code?
    Thanks
  • Custom code can do anything you like - but AC's ActionList system will not run in a loading scene.