Forum rules - please read before posting.

Version 1.59 - New save system, Vector3 variables, and refinements

2»

Comments

• One more :/

Version 1.59d
    • Fixed: Critical bug that caused Unity to occasionally crash when playing speech text
  • edited October 2017
    Version 1.59e

Upgrade note:
    • Due to deprecation, GUITexture and GUIText components are no longer recognised by the Highlight and LimitVisibility components in Unity 2017.2 or later

• Changed: The "Engine: Play movie clip" Action now defaults to the Video Player method on platforms that support it
    • Changed: Due to deprecation, GUITexture and GUIText components are no longer recognised by the Highlight and LimitVisibility components in Unity 2017.2 or later
    • Changed: When a Follow Sorting Map component's "Edit-mode preview?" is unchecked, the character's scale is only reset once
    • Fixed: 2D camera offset bug introduced in v1.59b
    • Fixed: Walk cursor sometimes showing at wrong times
    • Fixed: Compatibility issues with Unity 2017.2 and 2017.3 betas
    • Fixed: "Freeze Rigidbody when Idle?" character setting ignored if "Move with Rigidbody?" is unchecked
  • edited October 2017
    I think I found a bug in the latest update. 

I'm in 2D mode and it has to do with the character not facing the correct direction. 
    The player has diagonal directions, which have all worked up until the last update. 

When the player walks and idles he can stop in diagonal directions just fine, but the bug seems to be when he is instructed to do so. 

Many of the markers corresponding to hotspots are to 45, -45, 135, -135 degrees, in order to indicate diagonal directions. The hotspots are checked "walk to marker" and "face direction", but he can only face U, D, L, R.  The UR, UL, DR, DL directions don't work.  Also, when I use the Action "Character: Face Direction",  it ignores the UR, UL, DR, DL directions and makes him face U, D, L, or R. 

I restarted UNITY and then my computer (just in case) and the problem persists.

What could be causing this?

Thanks for any response.

OS X El Capitan, Macbook Pro Mid-2012
    Unity version 2017.1.0f3 Personal
    Adventure Creator version 1.59e

• Thanks - I've replied to your post in Technical Q&A.
  • The latest release, v1.59f is only available for Unity 2017.1 - as it fixes a bug only present in 2017+.  No need to download it if you are using an earlier Unity version.

Version 1.59f
    • Fixed: Critical bug that caused New Game Wizard to fail in Unity 2017
  • Does this need to be installed in a project that's already up and running in Unity 2017 or is it only relevant when setting up fresh projects using the wizard?
  • Only fresh projects - if you're upgrading to Unity 2017 with an existing project, there's no issue.