Forum rules - please read before posting.

Question about the 'Include Inventory items in Hotspot Interaction menus?' option

edited March 2018 in Technical Q&A
Hi Chris 

With this option unchecked an item can be selected from the inventory menu, the cursor changes to the item's graphic, and then clicking on a hotspot will run the item's inventory interaction on the hotspot. Let's call this behaviour A.

Checking this option allows the player to run an inventory interaction on the hotspot directly by clicking on the item's graphic in the hotspots interaction menu (without selecting the item from the inventory menu). Let's call this behaviour B. 

However, having this option checked means that behaviour A no longer seems to work. An item can be selected from the inventory menu, the cursor changes to the item's graphic, but when the cursor is clicked on the hotspot the item's inventory interaction isn't run. 

Is that the expected behaviour, or are some of my settings incorrect?

I'm running v1.61.2 of AC, and Unity 2017.3.0f3.

Many thanks
Matt

Comments

• Generally it's assumed that you're using one method or the other to combine items with Hotspots.

However, can you post an image of your full Settings Manager?  Attempting behaviour B with the 2D Demo causes the inventory interaction to run when an item is selected via the Inventory menu.
  • edited March 2018
    Thanks for looking into this for me. Here's a screenshot of my settings. 
  • It's because See Interactions with is set to Cursor Over Hotspot, whereas it works when set to Click On Hotspot.  I'll address it in the next release.
  • Great. Thanks Chris.