Forum rules - please read before posting.

Remove Parent Object

So I got one scene which may change based on some variables. However, there is a point in my game where I meet an NPC. This one has a trigger which allows me to start a conversation when I'm near him. The conversation gives you the impression that he's going to leave that room, which means I'm gonna need to remove the object, so when the dialogue is over I will not see the NPC.

The problem is that I cannot move afterwards. 
In the video below you can see my problem. If you have any idea what could be the problem or give me an alternative please let me know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtbdGo4YbT4&feature=youtu.be

Best regards.

Comments

• Try checking your game state, and also look at the console for errors. You can get AC to show what actionlists are running by going into the Game Editor, Settings tab and enabling "List Active Actionlists in Game Window". You could have an actionlist that's not ending and hence keeping AC in a state other than "Normal" state.
  • This is most likely because the ActionList you are running (the Trigger) is part of the object you're deleting, which means it's getting confused about where the Actions have gone to.

Try instead having the Trigger run a single ActionList: Run Action that runs the "Test" asset, and make sure Wait until finish? is unchecked.  That way, the Trigger object will have completed by the time it is removed from the scene.
  • Thank you both, however it seems like Chris idea was working in my case.
    Thank you very much. It perfect