Forum rules - please read before posting.

Integrate Third Person Character with Adventure Creators and GAIA

Hi!
Anyone know a method to integrate Adventure Creator with Third Person Character (controlled by a visrtual joystick) so my Player can be moved automatically by Adventure Creator (for example in a cut scene) with Move to poit or other fuction by Adventure Creators?

I've found a video example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o4kSWzmygU

In this video the author had changed the original script for integrate with his software.

I've made a village with GAIA, i've put a (third person) Player with the original joystick controller by Unity and all work fine. I've imported Adventure Creator and changed some things like Pathfinding method to Unity Navigation.

Now, if i put an object in the scene i can touch this object to interact with it and in the same time i can move my player with virtual joystick and jump with virtual button.
But i can't move my player on the terrain with the function MOVE TO POINT of Adventure Creator because the Player script from GAIA (but it's the same from Unity) go in conflict with the player script from Adventure Creator.
My app is for Android and i use the last UNITY 2018 and all plugins upgraded at the last versions.

Many Thanks,
Paolo

Comments

• What do you mean by "Third Person Character"?  What's the exact asset you're referring to?

A series of integrations for common motion assets, including Motion Controller, Unity's own Third Person Controller, can be found here: https://adventure-creator.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Integrations

The same principles can be applied to other assets.  See the "Custom motion controllers" chapter of the Manual for details on how to approach writing such an integration, as well as this tutorial.
  • Thanks, Chris! Beautiful! For now, i've change from Point and click to Direct and the Player move with joystick anche with Move to Point. Now, i must understand why whitout the Player script of AC the player Can be moved dinamically (if i Move less the joystick the player walk very slow and if i Move more the joystick the player move fast) and with the player script AC activated the player move only in run mode and if i Move Just a Little bit the joystick the player won't Move.
  • edited June 2018
    @voceradio To avoid AC's Player or NPC scripts from controlling the character you need to go to the Animation Settings section in the Player/NPC scripts and set Animation engine to Custom, and Motion control to None.

If GAIA uses a different character controller in its test scenes you don't need to use it. GAIA has nothing to do with character controllers, whichever character you end up using won't affect the level you made with it.
  • Thanks Alverik, i've try as you said but if i set ANIMATION to CUSTOM and MOTION CONTROL to MANUAL (NONE there are not) my joystick move the player perfectly but AC don't move the Player anymore (with MOVE TO POINT).

Another strange thing is: when play the test on PC all work fine (the player move with joystick and if i click on a Hotspot the player move to the point)
    but qhen i build the Android version for testing (on my Galaxy Note 8) the player won't move correctly on Marker (with Move to point). I've made some animation and the player stop to walk before arriving to the next marker.
  • edited June 2018
    Sorry, I mis-remembered the name of the option. Anyway, let's make something clear, are you actually using a third party character controller? or did you just mean you are using an input integration to use a virtual joystick with your AC Player? If you aren't using any 3rd party Character Controllers then you don't need to change the Animation Engine and Motion Control options.

Anyway, if you are using an integration or some script to use a virtual joystick it would be useful if you mention which one it is.
  • Seconded: please be as clear as you can about what assets you're using, and what it is exactly you're looking to do.