Forum rules - please read before posting.

Some strange things after last update...

Hi,

after updating to Unity 2018.3 (from 2017.4) and the latest AC (from the former version) I encountered some strange behaviours.

First of all when adding hotspots or cutscenes to the scene, the created objects don't have a connection to the prefab, like it was before:
mac-bs.de/temp/AC_PrefabLost.png

And then there are weird errors in the "Action to skip to" fields of Actions:
mac-bs.de/temp/AC_Connections.png

Does anybody know what exactly happend?

Comments

• First of all when adding hotspots or cutscenes to the scene, the created objects don't have a connection to the prefab, like it was before

As intended. Due to the way Unity now handles prefabs in 2018.3 and beyond, it's not appropriate to retain links to the default AC prefabs when creating new objects.

And then there are weird errors in the "Action to skip to" fields of Actions:

Do you have this present in an ActionList asset I can test? Please PM me a .untypackage file with that and the Actions Manager so I can see this for myself.

• Oh, I see. Is it necessary to break the prefab instances of the old game objects or is it safe to leave them as they are?

I just sent you a PM with two ActionLists and the ActionsManager I use.

• Is it necessary to break the prefab instances of the old game objects or is it safe to leave them as they are?

IIRC Unity have taken away the "Break Prefab Instance" option from the toolbar, but so long as you don't re-apply changes back to the prefab you should be OK.

• You can now right-click on a prefab in your scene hierarchy and choose "unpack prefab", that basically does the same thing as "break prefab instance" used to. I just noticed this new behavior too and unpacked some old prefabs, and they still seem to work as intended.