Forum rules - please read before posting.

Opsive UCC

I saw that there is now an integration script for use with Opsive's new Ultimate Character Controller (or the separate assets within that). However, I followed the instructions and I'm not sure how to get it to work with a point & click game with the Third Person Controller - the character doesn't respond to mouse clicks and I can't switch to other AC cameras.
I'm guessing the integration only covers direct-controlled games?

Comments

• The AC wiki script is, yes. Opsive provide their own integration script specfically for TPC, however (or at least they did). I shall contact them to check up on the state of this.

• @Deckard_89 - see this test integration script written by Opsive:
    http://pasteall.org/1447499/csharp

It adds AC movement as an Ability - how does that fare?

• Hmm, can't quite get it going just yet.

I added the new ability to the character (AdventureCreatorMovement) then moved it up the ability hierarchy list, and set the AC player Animation Engine to Custom, but there seems to be no effect, unless I'm missing something?

I can't switch cameras, the character does not respond to cursor clicks (nav mesh is baked), or go to points defined in triggers/interactions.

• As I understand it, this is just to have AC direct a character along an AC path, not to control e.g. cursor/camera. Try it on an NPC.

• Okay I have an npc moving between points, and also following the player, but it's very unstable, and often causes the character to start spinning wildly as they try and circle their destination for some reason. Hilarious to look at, but not really what I'm going for.

Opsive's old version had an integration script that allowed AC to "take over" when you needed it to and also switch cameras. It could only be used for your player character though, It could not work with NPCs (or at least not AC NPCs).

They'll probably do the same for the new version eventually but I think they're about to release a new update for their controller soon.

• I've recieved an updated script from Opsive. If you can, please test this one:
    http://pasteall.org/1454095/csharp

• No luck I'm afraid. I also get this quite often:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    AdventureCreatorMovement.OnEnterGameState (GameState newGameState) (at Assets/Prospector_Odyssey/AdventureCreatorMovement.cs:75)
    AC.EventManager.Call_OnChangeGameState (GameState oldGameState) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/EventManager.cs:152)
    AC.StateHandler.Update () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:385)

At one point, the player character started violently shaking and twisting like something out of Jacob's Ladder. I did get an NPC to proceed to walk between markers through an OnStart cutscene, though he ended up spinning around his destination point again.

Do you or Opsive have it working at all on your end?

• Not me - these changes to UCC/UFPS are quite beyond me at the moment.

I can see what the problem with the script is, though - try this:
    http://pasteall.org/1457786/csharp

• Thanks that's removed the script error.

Meanwhile enjoy this exclusive footage of my new game;
    Extreme Anxiety Simulator ™ :

• edited June 2019

The link is down.
    Also, I have a problem with the AC integration.
    It seems that when the AC managers are on the scene the mouse doesn't react as quickly as it does by default with TPC, any ideas why that might be ?
    EDIT: Had to lock cursor on AC settings. It seems that the camera movement is kinda jittery though.

• Which camera? An AC GameCamera, MainCamera or TPC Camera?

• edited June 2019

TPC camera with a basic camera script.
    It seems a TPC problem though.

• I'm having a bit of an issue. I followed the directions with the integration, however, I'm having camera issues. I keep getting an error that there is no camera on startup but it will not let me attach the UCC camera even though I did put the main camera script on it.

Also, I was never prompted nor could I find a place that allowed me to opt to convert the ucc's main camera into an AC camera. Is there a video tutorial on this?

• @Incognito402: You're referring to this page?

To assign a camera in the Scene Manager's "Default camera" field, you need to refer to a camera with the "Basic camera" component. See the Manual's "Custom cameras" chapter for more on this. If your AC MainCamera and UCC Camera are separate, attach the "Basic camera" component to the UCC Camera and you can then assign it in the Scene Manager - but make sure the UCC Camera is not tagged as MainCamera.

Note that the above step is only necessary if you want the freedom to control cameras using AC's provided Camera: Switch etc Actions. If you want to use UCC's camera the whole time, you don't need to assign any camera in the "Default camera" field - and you should be able to ignore the warning. Just having the UCC Camera and AC MainCamera components on the same Camera object (which is tagged as MainCamera) should be enough.

Aside from warnings that may appear, what's the actual behaviour issue? Are you not able to move the UCC camera? Screenshots showing your setup will help to explain what's going on.

• What I did was clone the Main Camera, untag it, add the basic camera script to it and remove the Opsive camera controller scripts from the "original" main camera. Set your new camera as the default.

Note that this was using TPC only.

• I am getting the following type of errors when running the demo. Also, can I use any other movement types other then what used in the demo which is Adventure type

"Error: The state FirstPersonSpringZone on UCC MainCamera (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Camera.CameraController) does not have a preset. Ensure each non-default state contains a preset."

• I am using UCC version 3

• I am getting the following type of errors when running the demo.

Does the demo itself have any issues when running, or is this purely an issue with the Console?

Also, can I use any other movement types other then what used in the demo which is Adventure type

I believe so - the integration will manually start and stop the AC_Motion ability, but doesn't explicitly deal with what state kicks in upon stopping.

• It seems like the demo is running fine, but I am getting few of those errors. I was just wondering what could be the reason.

Do you have Discord for AC

Will I be able to use the full features of AC

• Also, I am getting following when try to setup scene

"NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    AC_UCC_Character.Update () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Downloads/UCC v3 integration/Scripts/AC_UCC_Character.cs:68)"