Forum rules - please read before posting.

Subtitles above player incorrect when "move with character" unticked?

edited January 2019 in Technical Q&A

There seems to be an issue with the positioning of text when "move with character" is unticked: https://gfycat.com/DenseGoodGalapagospenguin

The subtitles menu is set-up as follows:
The prefab:

I'm using the latest AC 1.66.2, and the latest Unity 2018.3.2f1. It's very unusual that it works with "move with character" ticked, as if with it un-ticked, it elects the position for it to appear earlier than when the player arrives at the destination?

Comments

• it elects the position for it to appear earlier than when the player arrives at the destination?

Looks to me more like it's just appearing in the same position each time. I'll attempt a recreation.

• Can't recreate - I'm using similar settings and a looping speech Action to test with.

1. What's the result of unchecking Always fit within screen??
    2. What's the result of using the Demo/Default Menu Manager's Subtitles menu, switched to Unity UI?
  • edited January 2019

What's the result of unchecking Always fit within screen??

The same.

What's the result of using the Demo/Default Menu Manager's Subtitles menu, switched to Unity UI?

It displays it locked at the bottom of the screen.

Could this be anything to do with an upgrade to Unity 2018.3? It's one of those things I'm having trouble remembering when it occurred (I upgraded both Unity and AC this week and have been trying to keep track on what might have broken, but something usually slips). I can send the project via PM, if you'd like.

EDIT: I've just tried some old backups, and they don't work either. I assume it's related to 2018.3.

• I assume it's related to 2018.3.

That's my suspicion as well. I will see if a workaround can be made.