Forum rules - please read before posting.

Version 1.66 - Timeline integration improvements, sprite directions, and voice asset bundles

Comments

• edited January 2019

"Added: Ability for Draggable and PickUp objects to rely on an Interactive Boundary that the Player must be within for them to be interactive"

awesome, thanks for that Chris, i'm sure i only enquired about it a day or so ago!

• Version 1.66.4

Upgrade notes

• The OnBeforeLoading and OnFinishSaving custom events now require a SaveFile parameter
    • The OnBeforeSaving, OnFailSaving and OnFailLoading custom events now require an int parameter for the save ID
    • If a Player replaces an NPC, or vice-versa, with the "Player: Switch" Action, their rendering options are now transferred

Changelog

• Added: When viewed at runtime, an ActionList's Inspector displays its current parameter values, if any are defined
    • Added: OnHotspotStopMovingTo custom event - called when the act of moving to a given Hotspot in order to interact with it is cancelled
    • Added: OnEndActionList, OnPauseActionList and OnResumeActionList custom events - called when an ActionList is ended, paused and resumed respectively
    • Added: Ability to apply a multiplier to the effects of a character's IK head turning through script
    • Changed: The OnBeforeLoading and OnFinishSaving custom events now require a SaveFile parameter
    • Changed: The OnBeforeSaving, OnFailSaving and OnFailLoading custom events now require an int parameter for the save ID
    • Changed: If a Player replaces an NPC, or vice-versa, with the "Player: Switch" Action, their rendering options are now transferred
    • Changed: Removed deprecated GUILayer and GUITexture components from camera and BackgroundImage prefabs in Unity 2018.3
    • Fixed: Occasional error message when manually gathering text for a single scene through script
    • Fixed: Script sheets not correctly ordering multiple speech lines that appear within the same "Dialogue: Play speech" Action
    • Fixed: The FollowSortingMap class's GetSortingMap method not returning a custom SortingMap if it doesn't rely on the scene's default
    • Fixed: Rare rotation error on a Rigidbody-based character when a scene begins
    • Fixed: Display issues with scrolling speech text that relies on rich text when the scroll speed is too high
    • Fixed: Multiple running instances of the same ActionList asset having unwanted interdependencies
    • Fixed: Follow Tint Map component's "Effect Intensity" slider not having the intended effect
    • Fixed: The "Moveable: Set track position" Action sometimes waiting indefinitely if it is moving an object to the ends of its track
    • Fixed: Changes made to a Player's active SortingMap not properly restored after switching Player prefab
    • Fixed: Unity UI-based menu scripts not being able to retrieve the menu's associated Speech class in OnEnable
    • Fixed: Menu positioning issues in Unity 2018.3
    • Fixed: Speech text surviving scene changes in rare circumstances
    • Fixed: Issues with IK head turning

Version 1.66.3

• Fixed: Critical bug that caused translations to not load correctly in v1.66.1
  • Hi Chris

Since upgrading to AC 1.66.4 (Unity 2018.2.18f1) all my dialogues have lost the final letter when displaying speech

To replicate: Load up the 2d demo, and set "Scroll Speech Text" to true in the Speech Manager

(Note that most of the early speech in the 2d demo ends with exclamation or question marks, so it may not be immediately obvious that those are not actually being displayed)

• Thanks @HarryOminous, I'll look into it now.

• v1.66.5 submitted to address the scrolling issue, but in the meantime this can be resolved by removing the "-1" on line 1330 in Speech.cs.

• cool. thanks for that chris

• Hi Chris, I'm not actually sure if it's because of the update or just the machine I'm working on currently (will test in the office tomorrow), but the constant ids of objects in my scenes are recreated once I load the scene in editor (which prevents me to save & push scenes to version collab right now...) Do you know what could cause this issue? This usually only happened if I had objects sharing the same ID.
    Thank you

• I ran into what looks like a loading bug in the 1.66.4 update in Unity 2018.1.9f2. When loading a save file and enabling the options "Always reload scene when loading a save file" and "Use loading screen" the Persistence Engine throws an error in the loading scene and hangs and never loads. I tested this in the 3d demo scene that comes with AC. Error message below.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    AC.SceneChanger.PrepareSceneForExit (Boolean isInstant, Boolean saveRoomData) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/SceneChanger.cs:498)
    AC.SceneChanger+c__Iterator1.MoveNext () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/SceneChanger.cs:313)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Coroutines.cs:17)

• @Onat: Please provide more details and recreation steps in a new thread in Technical Q&A.

@jasong: Thanks for the bug alert. In SceneChanger.cs, replace line 498 with:

if (KickStarter.dialog) KickStarter.dialog.KillDialog (true, true);

• Thanks, Chris. That fixed it.

• edited February 2019

Version 1.66.7:

• Fixed: Default PlayerStart sometimes not spawning when organising scene objects in Unity 2018.3
    • Fixed: "Unity UI in Scene" menus not responding after loading a save game file that doesn't involve a scene change
    • Fixed: Rare rotation issue after using the "Object: Transform" Action to move the Player
    • Fixed: "See interactions with" field having an effect on gameplay when hidden from the Settings Manager

Version 1.66.6:

• Fixed: Issue when loading while loading screens are used in v1.66.4

Version 1.66.5:

• Added: Ability to switch to a specific GameCamera via the component's cog menu at runtime
    • Fixed: Scrolling speech text omitting the final character in v1.66.4
  • Version 1.66.8

Upgrade note

• Custom Actions that override the AssignConstantIDs function need to add the bool parameter "isAssetFile"

Changelog

• Added: When a new Constant ID value is assigned, the accompanying Console message now includes the component type it is attached to
    • Added: Ability to control the speed at which a camera follows the cursor, if the cursor has influence over it
    • Changed: Custom Actions that override the AssignConstantIDs function need to add the bool parameter "isAssetFile"
    • Fixed: "Auto-add save components to GameObjects" feature not correctly assigning local Player prefabs or Remember Animator components
    • Fixed: Sprites Unity-based characters not saving their custom animation state correctly
    • Fixed: Minor animation glitches in the 3D Demo when skipping certain cutscenes quickly
    • Fixed: Positioning issues when loading save games that involve characters with Character Controllers in Unity 2018.3

• After updating, I noticed that the verb started showing up above hotspots with single "Use" interaction checked. This worked fine before when there was no verb and I just wanted the player to be able to click on the hotspot that would cause them to leave the room or go to another location, but with the verb as part of the label it produces things like "Use Leave" "Use Alley". Is there a way to either use the name the verb ("Go South") or have the option to turn off the verb/label for single use interactions?

(I use labels for the verbcoin when there are multiple options:)

Thank you.

• @Eldritch: What version did you update from? This looks like the same issue as reported here.

• I was using 1.65.2

• Hey @ChrisIceBox, just wanted to say thanks for all the updates over the years! I was working on a cutscene, building it piece by piece and I thought, "What would I have done if Chris hadn't made Adventure Creator?" I probably would have never picked up Game Development. So, from the bottom of my heart, thank you!

• @Eldritch: Recreated. The verb should be shown, but should match up with the interaction. You could remove it by entering in a blank verb name.

@DexterStardust: :)

• Thank you. How do you get the verb to match up with the interaction?

• It's a bug: it'll be addressed in the upcoming v1.67.0 update, which should be released soon.

• The new custom facing directions is a wonderful change, thank you!