Forum rules - please read before posting.

Action on same Marker

edited February 2019 in Technical Q&A

Hello everyone!

I am working on a 2d point&click MI style. I am having trouble whenever the player has to perform an action that asks him to go to the same marker he already is. (Using "go to marker" and "Face after moving").

For example:

Open cabinet:
The character walks to the cabinet and performs his "reach" animation. So far so good.

Close cabinet:
The character walks on the spot for a while, then closes the cabinet. The walking on the spot looks really weird.

I also have instances where being on the same marker prevents the player from executing the "reach" animation. The cabinet opens, but the animation (programmed in the action list of "use cabinet") is not played. If I make him move between orders it does play.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Comments

• I am having trouble whenever the player has to perform an action that asks him to go to the same marker he already is.

Please always post your AC and Unity versions - a related issue was addressed recently. If you're not using the latest AC release, does updating resolve it?

What is your game's scale? 1 meter in your game world should roughly translate to 1 Unity unit - see the Note in the Manual's "Preparing a 2D scene" chapter. If it's very much different, you may need to adjust the Destination accuracy field in the Settings Manager.

I also have instances where being on the same marker prevents the player from executing the "reach" animation

How are you playing back this custom animation, and what is your character's animation engine set to? Please post screenshots of your Player's Inspector, Animator Controller, and the ActionList involved.

• edited February 2019

Hello Chris,

Please always post your AC and Unity versions

I'll keep that in mind!
    I downloaded Version 1.66.8 and it didn't fix the issue, but adjusting the Destination accuracy to a bit less than 1 helped with the walking on the spot, it's solved.

About the custom animation, the character animation engine is Sprites Unity. Attaching the pertinent screenshots:

https://imgur.com/a/xdCpjOG

Thanks so much.

• I still don't know what your game's scale is set to, but if it is different from the recommended then changing the accuracy setting would be the way to fix it.

• The game is 20px per unit. I've been playing around with the Accuracy, but no number fixes it.

What leaves me puzzled is that no other action is omitted. The sound one shot will play, etc. It's just the custom animation doesn't play unless I move the character between interactions.

• I'll need to see this for myself.

If you can, please prepare a .unitypackage file for me to test. It should include a scene to test, your Managers, your Player prefab, and your player's asset files (sprites, animations, animator controller). PM it over, with info on how to see the issue, and I'll take a look.