Forum rules - please read before posting.

Papagayo - not playing animations

I'm having the following issue: Lip Sync animation stars, but freezes as soon as it begins, with mouth open, it plays the audio. And that's about it. I'm using the Preston Blair system http://www.garycmartin.com/mouth_shapes.html if I set up the Adventure Creator Speech Settings to match up with it and it works when generating the TTS that comes in by default, but since I'm using voice acting, I really need to have a better lip sync.

Additional info:
I have generated the Papagayo files, place them in the Resources/Lip Sync folders as txt and done everything by the book.

Comments

• Any related messages appearing in the Console? What are your AC/Unity versions, also?

So that I can recreate, please share a sample txt file, as well as images of your Speech Manager's "Lip Sync" settings, Phonemes Editor.

Are you animating the mouth shapes in blendshapes, portrait textures, or animator parameters? Please also share screenshots of the relevant Inspector on the character side.

• Console: No, nothing related shows up. I'm having two main players in the game. They both share the same name since one is the character with different clothing.

I am using blendshapes, is for a 3d Project. I'm adding the files you're asking me for:

The Lip Sync Settings in the Speech Manager:

The Phonemes Editor:

The Character:

Here's a sample txt:

lipsync version 1
    D:/LABUROS/AdventureGameJam/Highway Star/Assets/Resources/Speech/Player133.wav
        Voice 1
        At the very least I have one hell of a sight
            At the very least I have one hell of a sight
                At 6 9 2
                    6 AI
                    8 etc
                the 10 15 2
                    10 etc
                    13 AI
                very 16 23 4
                    16 FV
                    18 E
                    20 etc
                    22 E
                least 24 35 4
                    24 L
                    27 E
                    30 etc
                    33 etc
                I 54 55 1
                    54 AI
                have 56 63 3
                    56 etc
                    59 AI
                    61 FV
                one 64 81 3
                    64 WQ
                    70 AI
                    76 etc
                hell 82 87 3
                    82 etc
                    84 E
                    86 L
                of 88 89 2
                    88 AI
                    89 FV
                a 90 91 1
                    90 AI
                sight 92 103 3
                    92 etc
                    96 AI
                    100 etc

• What version of Papagayo are you using? It seems its been re-written recently, and it looks like the format has changed.

Just to test, what if the above txt was instead the following, with no spaces/tabs before the numbers:

6 AI
    8 etc
    10 etc
    13 AI
    16 FV
    18 E
    20 etc
    22 E
    24 L
    27 E
    30 etc
    33 etc
    54 AI
    56 etc
    59 AI
    61 FV
    64 WQ
    70 AI
    76 etc
    82 etc
    84 E
    86 L
    88 AI
    89 FV
    90 AI
    92 etc
    96 AI
    100 etc

• edited February 2019

I'm using the latest version of papayo: https://my.smithmicro.com/papagayo.html

And there's no difference with the change; which version should I be using and where can I find it?

I used the moho format too for importing with no results:

MohoSwitch1
    -1 rest
    6 rest
    5 AI
    7 etc
    12 AI
    15 FV
    17 E
    19 etc
    21 E
    23 L
    26 E
    29 etc
    35 rest
    54 rest
    53 AI
    55 etc
    58 AI
    60 FV
    63 WQ
    69 AI
    75 etc
    83 E
    85 L
    87 AI
    88 FV
    89 AI
    91 etc
    95 AI
    99 etc
    103 rest
    113 rest

• The version you're using should be fine.

The issue may be that it's being processed, but not being applied correctly. Have you assigned your "Phonemes" shape group in your character's "Phoneme shape group" field, and are your Shape keys correctly mapped to the Blendshapes?

• Well, Chris; it is actually set up that way and if I use your lip sync "From Speech Text" It does work without problems.

Here's a screenshot from the player component

Here's also the dialogue settings (not sure if the label could be the issue)

And my character settings (I'm setting the SpaceSuit Version on the Load event and as I said, it works fine if I use "From Speech Text" settings, I just want a better lip sync than it)

• I can't see the issue from these screenshots - I'll need to look into the files directly. Please PM me a .unitypackage file of the Player prefab, his model/animation assets, your Managers, and a sample voice/lipsync file.

• Thanks. Though the textures were missing from the file, it seems this is down to a number of minor mis-configurations - the Papagayo file is being properly read.

1. Phonemes with multiple characters are not defined in the Phonemes Editor. Keep in mind that "AI" is separate from "A/I" - the latter is "A" and "I" separately. To process "AI", you'd need e.g. "A/I/AI". Same with "FV" and "F/V" etc.
    2. The Phoneme Key IDs in your Shapeable group don't match those listed in the Phonemes Editor. There's no key with an ID of 3 - so all of the phonemes for that frame in the Phonemes Editor aren't able to process.
    3. What is getting processed is getting processed too fast. You'll need to reduce the Process speed field in the Speech Manager.
  • Ok, how do I set up the Phoneme key IDs in that case?

• Oh! Sorry for the double post, now I see what you meant, this fixed it! Thanks :D