Forum rules - please read before posting.

Single 'Custom' interaction

I am using the 'Choose hotspot then interaction mode', and I'm using the 'Prefix cursor labels' option to have my hotspot label update dynamically ('Look at book', 'Pick up box' etc.).

I have a hotspot with 'Single Use interaction' checked. This hotspot represents a door to a kitchen, and I named it 'To kitchen'. And so I would like to be able to update the hotspot label to 'Go to kitchen' (or something similar), instead of 'Use To kitchen' as it is now.

Is this possible?

Comments

• This may be a bug. Setting the "Cursor/icon" field in the Hotspot interaction's Inspector should update the Hotspot label.

What's your AC version?

• I'm using AC v1.66.8.

Just to clarify, my Single interaction hotspot DOES update the hotspot label, but it prefixes with 'Use' no matter which icon I set it to.

• Yes, this is a bug. I'll work on a fix, thanks for the alert.

• Thanks!

And just to clarify further: I just realized that if I switch around the order of my interactions in my Interaction menu, my Single interaction hotspot always prefixes with the label of the cursor associated with the FIRST of the interactions in my Interaction menu.

• So, with the new AC update my hotspot label updates correctly with the label of the interaction icon I have set for my Single interaction hotspot. But when I move the cursor away from the hotspot, the label updates to the name of the first item on my interaction icons list. Here is a video showing the problem:

https://vimeo.com/327256782

I have cranked up the transition time to make it easier to see. Even if I check 'Update string if empty' in my hotspot label menu settings, it still updates to 'Look at' (my first cursor) for a split second before it turns empty.

• PS. I have unchecked 'Update while fading out' in my hotspot label menu settings, but this is making no difference.

• Recreated, I'll look into it - thanks for posting.

• Has this by any chance been fixed in the current release?

• No, this is a wider problem and will need time to address.