Forum rules - please read before posting.

Bug in Engine: Control Timeline action in 2019.1

Hi Chris,

Thanks again for this wonderful asset.
I know that you don't support beta versions, although I thought it still makes sense to describe you my discovery.
When using the Engine: Control Timeline action and trying to remap bindings in Unity 2019.1, the new Marker Track gets recognized as the Track with index 0, which causes all subsequent bindings to shift.

Hope that's helpful,
best wishes,
Onat

Comments

• I know that you don't support beta versions, although I thought it still makes sense to describe you my discovery.

Exactly right, thanks for the alert - I'll look further into this.

• Here is another one by the way: The object: visibility action doesn't make the objects invisible anymore.
    Maybe it would make sense to make a seperate forum section for bleeding edge peoples beta bug discoveries? ;) Or what would be the preferred way for you? Kind of a tracker for the future, I think it might not be so nice to fill the forum with discussions like this for each bug that might even solve itself once the proper version is released. Maybe via direct message?

• Let's take it case-by-case. I'm not clear if this new bug is Unity or AC-related - please elaborate.

v1.67.0/1 have an issue related to this Action - please try in v1.67.2 first. Otherwise, let me know full details in the form of screenshots.

Regarding the original Timeline issue - I think this may have to be put down as an unfortunate side-effect. Unity doesn't provide (AFAIK) a way to keep track of tracks when their indices change - the same thing'll happen if you re-arrange your track ordering. I think if AC tried to counter that, it'd likely bring more issues with it.

• Regarding Timeline: As far as I know, the timeline Marker Track is not meant to be remapped (It doesnt't have a slot and it's always there), so I think a good option would be to skip that one entirely for the action (so index 1 becomes index 0) or maybe add a checkbox to be able to choose? otherwise we would have to go through hundreds of timelines and manually remap everything...

Regarding Visibility:
    Just updated AC everything works again! Thank you :)

• As far as I know, the timeline Marker Track is not meant to be remapped (It doesnt't have a slot and it's always there)

Though it doesn't appear in the API's GetOutputTrack method (which the Engine: Control Timeline Action relies on), it does get listed in the Playable Director's Inspector as a mapping. We may have to wait and see what Unity's true intention with this is.

• Ok, thank you :) By the way. Is there a way to only remap a specific Track? It would be great to have a common "Master Timeline" for example, and only remap a sub-timeline (Control-Track)? As far as I understood, currently everything is remapped when using the Engine: Control Timeline action.

• As far as I understood, currently everything is remapped when using the Engine: Control Timeline action

Only tracks that are specifically assigned a new GameObject are remapped.

• Oh that's great!! Thank you :)