Forum rules - please read before posting.

Display list of Documents

I created a menu named 'Journal'.
It is activated with a press of a button. When it activates is shows a list of documents that I have collected. It displays the list but when I click on them it doesn't open that specific document.

===More Detail===
In the journal menu, I added the InventoryBox element and the type Collected Documents. But when I want to open a certain in that list it doesn't get displayed.

I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Comments

• Have you checked Auto-open Document when clicked? InventoryBox element's property?

You need to have a menu that is set to display the active document. One is included in the default AC interface named "Document", which has an Appear type of On View Document, and should open upon clicking a document from the list.

If it's not listed in your own Menu Manager, you can copy it over from the Default_MenuManager asset file by temporarily switching to it at the top of the Menu Manager window.

• Hello, Chris yes I do have that checked. Yes and I do have a separate menu to view the document. I use the default "Document" menu to view the document. And a separate menu to show a list of all the documents collected. But it still does not want to display the document when I click on it.

• What's your AC version number?

Open up RuntimeDocuments.cs, and find line 59:

if (document != null && activeDocument != document)

Just above it, insert the following:

Debug.Log ("Open document: " + document.Title);

What shows up in the Console when you click the document's name in the list?

• Hello Chris sorry for the late response. I am currently using AC v1.68.4
    When I run the debug I get the correct document name.

• It should work then. Can you confirm that your Document menu's "Appear type" is set to "On View Document"?

Probably best for me to see this for myself. If you can create a .unitypackage file of your 8 Manager assets, and any UI prefabs (if you're using them), PM it to me and I'll take a look.

• I'm afraid it works for me.

I notice that it's missing graphics, though, so I'm able to see through the different menus. The Document menu is above Journal in the Menu Manager - this means that it'll be rendererd underneath if both are on at the same time. See the note about "drawing orders" in the Manual's "Menus overview" chapter. It may be that placing the Documents menu below Journal in the stack is all you need to do.

• Hello Chris, jip that solved the problem. I moved the document menu underneath the Journal menu and it worked. Thank you very much.