Forum rules - please read before posting.

Issue with Hotspots in Play

Howdy,

I'm having an issue with hotspots: they don't show up in play.

I've been using AC for quite a while now and have never had this problem before. Basically, nothing really stands out as a reason why they aren't working. No errors come up, and I'm creating them in the same way I always have: how the 2D tutorial teaches it.

Before they stopped working, I had selected the 'Auto-add Save components to GameObjects' in the settings manager. So I loaded my previous version from before activating that option, but the problem is still happening.

Does anyone have ANY idea what may have happened?

I'm not really sure what else to add..

Please, help!

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @uklittle_40.

What are your AC and Unity version numbers, and what precisely is the issue? That Hotspots aren't interactive / that their names don't appear when hovering over them with the mouse? Do any relevant error messages appear in the Console?

Adding save components should have no bearing on such an issue. Check your Scene and Settings Managers. For 2D Hotspots to be interactive, you'll need for the scene to be in 2D. The "game wide" setting for this is the Settings Manager's "Camera perspective" property, but you can also override this on a per-scene basis. If you are, it'll say so at the top of the Scene Manager.

Another common cause of such an issue is that the raycast from the mouse doesn't reach the Hotspot due to it being too far away, or blocked by another collider.

Let's see images of both these Managers, a typical Hotspot in the scene (both Scene window and Inspector), and of what occurs in-game.