Forum rules - please read before posting.

Possible Bug: Game Build Black Screen

Using Unity version 2019.2.6f1 (64-bit)

When upgrading from AC 1.69.2 to 1.69.4 my builds now load a black screen. Unity's splash screen shows, game loads, then music starts playing but the screen is black and can't interact with anything. The cursor is also visible when it is not supposed to be.

No other significant changes have been made to the game between updating AC versions. Same Unity version, no settings changed, etc. Builds worked perfectly before update.

I am getting some warnings in the console when building. Most of them referencing a scene with no name, not sure what that's about:

• Script attached to 'SpawningBase_SpawnableObjectPrefab' in scene '' is missing or no valid script is attached.
  • Script attached to 'AuthObjPrefab' in scene '' is missing or no valid script is attached.
  • Script attached to 'GetCurrentRTTCallDoesntCrashWhenUseWebSockets_PlayerPrefab' in scene '' is missing or no valid script is attached.
  • Script attached to 'SpawningBase_PlayerPrefab' in scene '' is missing or no valid script is attached.
  • Script attached to 'PlayerWithAuthPrefab' in scene '' is missing or no valid script is attached.
  • Script attached to 'NoAuthObjPrefab' in scene '' is missing or no valid script is attached.
  • Script attached to 'PlayerCallbacksOrderOnTheHost_PlayerPrefab' in scene '' is missing or no valid script is attached.
  • Got empty plugin importer path for StandaloneWindows

Comments

• What platform are you building to?

None of those script warnings are AC-related. This may be a Unity bug with the AC troubles being a side-effect. There are several threads on the Unity forums covering similar warnings:

https://answers.unity.com/questions/1624149/script-attached-to-playerwithauthprefab-in-scene-i.html
    https://answers.unity.com/questions/725865/script-attached-to-object-in-scene-is-missing-or-n.html

music starts playing but the screen is black and can't interact with anything. The cursor is also visible when it is not supposed to be.

Is the music controlled by the Sound: Play music Action, and do you mean the system cursor, or the AC one? Try enabling the AC Status box via the bottom of the Settings Manager - does it display atop the black screen?

If you temporarily make a new (empty, non-AC) scene, and make it the game's first scene, does it show up in the build? I'm assuming things work normally when testing in the Editor.

• Fixed!
    Solution: updated Multiplayer HLAPI

It's strange because I haven't updated Unity and the previous builds worked, so I assumed it was an AC issue. My game also doesn't use multiplayer.

For reference: Windows build. Music is controlled by Sound: Play Music Action. System cursor showing. Game worked normally in engine.

Thanks Chris!