Forum rules - please read before posting.

First person camera pitch movement running on Fixed Update?

edited November 2019 in Technical Q&A

Hi,

I have a game with the movement method set to First Person. Some people playing the game on high-end hardware have noticed when looking up and down there is stuttering like something is out of sync, like something is running on Fixed Update. It doesn't happen while looking right or left. Moving around is fine since I am using a Character Controller which runs on Update. I don't have a rigidbody on my player or camera so I know it doesn't have anything to do with that. Looking at the First Person Camera script on line 179 it looks like this is running on Fixed Update. Is this the part that controls the movement for looking up and down and if so would it be safe to change it to Update to get rid of the stutter?

Comments

• Yes, this controls the pitch angle. It should be in an Update/LateUpdate function - this is my mistake and I will correct it.

However, it's not so simple a case as renaming the function - there is more to do which will be addressed in the next update.

• Thanks, Chris

• Is this also the case for the Advanced Third Person Camera?

I have not encountered any issue btw, just asking ahead of time to avoid any possible issues, because I'm planning on using it as pretty much the main camera throughout the game.

• There shouldn't be - but naturally, if there's an issue I will remedy it.