Forum rules - please read before posting.

GameState - top left of screen visible - unable to turn off

Hi all.

As per the image link, I have the 'GameState' text appear top left of the screen in just this one scene. It doesn't appear in any other scenes and I can't seem to be able to turn it off. It appears in the Editor and in my build.

In the Settings menu I have the 'Show A/C status box' to 'Never'

Does the 'List active ActionLists in Game window?' still exist as I can't seem to be able to find it.

Unity version: 2019.2.0f1
A/C version: 1.69.5

https://imgur.com/a/62tKTzo

Let me know if you require any further information. I'm really stumped.

Many thanks

Caroline

Comments

• Does the 'List active ActionLists in Game window?' still exist as I can't seem to be able to find it.

Now that it shows more information, it's been renamed to Show 'AC status' box?.

This window wouldn't appear like the one in your screenshot, though. This is also a game-wide setting, so it's likely coming from a custom script in your scene. Open up MonoDevelop / your scripting app and do a search for "GameState: " (no quotes). That should reveal where it's coming from.

• Hi Chris.

I'm building the game using a Macbook so it's VS.

I have no idea about scripting but these are the options. https://imgur.com/a/NcV11lU

What exactly am I looking for please?

Many thanks

• Do a full solution search of "GameState: " (colon and space afterwards). Try it with the quotes and without - it should narrow results down to just the one you're looking for.

Check also your scene for any custom scripts attached to your Gameobjects.

• edited December 2019

Ok I think I've located it and I think it relates to a Pixel Crushers script, so I should speak to Tony about it. Can I post the details here for you to confirm? I'm using their Dialogue System.

• Ah! I found a rogue 'Show Game State Script' on one of the game objects. I have no idea how that got there but deleting it has solved the problem! Thanks, Chris!

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Merry Christmas to everyone here on the Forum too! Have a good one.

Caroline

• Happy to help. And to you!