Forum rules - please read before posting.

A few small... anomalies

Hi Chris

None of these are show-stoppers, they're just a few minor irritations I've encountered recently. The last two are really just me being a bit OCD about only seeing Information Messages in the Console. They all have workrounds, so you may well feel they're not worth doing anything about:

1) Actionlist: Character Animate

If you specify a Character (not the Player) to Animate, and specify the Character Prefab via a Parameter, then on subsequent visits to the Actionlist you get a message "This Action requires a Character before more options will show"

Workround: click "Is Player", and then the options you've entered for the Character will show, and you can modify them. Deselect "Is Player" and it will display the options correctly (until you visit that ActionList again)

2) Marker embedded in a SpriteChild

If you use Markers within your Characters, in order to, for instance, guide the Player to them in order to have conversations or whatnot, then when you come to use them via an Actionlist, you get an AC Warning message saying "No AC.Hotspot component attached to xxxx". The Actionlist runs without issue

Workround: Add an (unnecessary) Hotspot to the Marker

3) Mismatched ActionList Parameters

If you set up Actionlists which mix passed Parameters with internal Parameters, you get a Warning message (can't recall the precise wording I'm afraid) when calling those Actionlists, complaining that the parameters are mismatched. I THINK it only happens for GameObjects

Workround: Pass in dummy GameObjects for those parameters which will be set internally by the called ActionList

Comments

• Thanks for the feedback.

1) Actionlist: Character Animate

This is an unfortunate necessity, since the Action needs to know which animation engine to use before engine-specific options can be shown.

2) Marker embedded in a SpriteChild

Can you share the message in full?

3) Mismatched ActionList Parameters

Does this occur with v1.70? If so, I'll need more detailed steps to recreate.

• 1) I thought it would probably be something like that, but it seemed worth bringing up anyway, because it's a bit confusing when encountered for the first time

2) The full message is as above, but with the name of the actual Marker instead of "xxxx". A sample console message is:

No AC.Hotspot component attached to MPeasant_Marker (UnityEngine.GameObject)!

-> AC debug logger
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object, Object)
    AC.ACDebug:LogWarning(Object, Object) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/ACDebug.cs:25)
    AC.Action:AssignFile(List1, Int32, Int32, Hotspot) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Action.cs:1296) AC.ActionCharPathFind:AssignValues(List1) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionCharPathFind.cs:73)
    AC.d__33:MoveNext() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:335)
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(String, Object)
    AC.ActionList:ProcessAction(Int32) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:320)
    AC.ActionList:ProcessActionEnd(ActionEnd, Int32, Boolean) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:552)
    AC.ActionList:EndAction(Action) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:470)
    AC.d__33:MoveNext() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:439)

3) I've yet to upgrade any of my projects to v1.70. If it still occurs after I've done so then I'll let you know