Forum rules - please read before posting.

Scroll limit in new ActionList editor

Hi Chris

Unity 2019.2.4f1, AC 1.70.1

First off, can I be permitted a small moan? (Skip down to avoid having to listen to an old man ranting about modern life, and those pesky kids. GET OFFA MY LAWN. Shakes fist)

Sooo, the latest AC release is mostly great, but I HATE the new ActionList Editor slinky scroll bars. They're to all intents and purposes useless. Even if you can find them to grab them, they get overlaid by the ActionLists themselves, so you're pretty much forced to use the mouse to scroll the window (which is something I've never got used to). I guess this is a Unity thing, because the Asset Store has got them too, and they're just as useless in that. What was wrong with the solid chunky scroll bars that all the other Unity windows have got (and the ActionList editor USED to have)? GRRRR. What is it with this modern penchant for taking things that were perfectly good, and replacing them with things that are perfectly bad?

ANYWAY, rant over. I've found a small problem in the latest ActionList Editor. I've discovered that with large ActionLists there comes a point where you can no longer grab and then scroll the Actions up and down, only left and right. You can ADD new Actions into the empty space at the bottom of the Editor, but they then become non-scrollable too

Easy enough to replicate: simply create a new ActionList, spam it with Wait Actions, and then press Auto-Arrange. At about Action 31 or so, you can no longer grab Actions and scroll them up and down, only left and right. This may sound trivial (and in many ways you probably shouldn't HAVE ActionLists this long), but it makes it impossible to manually organise the ActionLists to make them easy to read when you come back to them later

Comments

• edited January 2020

What is it with this modern penchant for taking things that were perfectly good, and replacing them with things that are perfectly bad?

The change wasn't without purpose. The fixing of critical issues related to panning and zooming meant that the Unity-provided scrollbars could no longer be used - so the new ones were added out of necessity.

I shall take your feedback on board and see how they can be refined, however.

I've discovered that with large ActionLists there comes a point where you can no longer grab and then scroll the Actions up and down, only left and right.

Recreated, thanks for the bug report.