Forum rules - please read before posting.

Checking to see if an Action List had ended (with conversations in it)

edited February 2020 in Technical Q&A

Unity Ver: 2019.2.4f1
AC Ver: 1.70.1

Hello there!

I have an action list. In this action list is a lot of dialogue actions, AND some conversation actions.

I want to know when this action list has ended, and I can use .AreActionsRuning() to check however this will return false when the conversation options are on screen, which for me is a problem.

To get around this, I've setup a check which goes:

1) AreActionsRunning?
2) Is there a menu titled 'Conversation' open?

If false to both, great!

It's a bit long winded. I just wanted to know if there was a better way to know if an action list has truly ended, and not just 'temporarily' ended because of conversation options appearing.

Thanks!

Comments

• ActionLists can typically be checked for this by hooking into the OnEndActionList custom event.

This does get called when overriding a Conversation options. On the system level, the ActionList has ended - it's just that it's re-run from a given point once an option has been chosen.

An additional check of the state of PlayerInput's activeConversation variable should be enough:

private void OnEnable () { EventManager.OnEndActionList += OnEndActionList; }

private void OnDisable () { EventManager.OnEndActionList -= OnEndActionList; }

private void OnEndActionList (ActionList actionList, ActionListAsset actionListAsset, bool isSkipping)
    {
        if (actionList == GetComponent <ActionList>())
        {
            if (KickStarter.playerInput.activeConversation == null)
            {
                Debug.Log ("Ended!");
            }
        }
    }

• Thanks Chris. I'll give that a go.