Forum rules - please read before posting.

[Bug] Drag and drop inventory items

After moving to the system where Unity UI blocks from clickthrough without the necessity for custom assigned rect transform I ran into a bug, where if I Click to drag an inventory item and release over unity UI that is a raycast blocker, the drag state sets to none, but the item still continues to drag. I narrowed down the issue to this line in PlayerInteraction.cs:

Code comment seems to be a bit vague, so I was wondering what UI issue does this code work around? Maybe that scenario is impossible in my project and I can safely remove that part?

Comments

• I don't recall exactly, but it was a means of fixing a previous bug. I shall attempt a recreation.

• edited February 2020

Recreated. If the mouse click is released, and you're using drag-and-drop inventory it's best to clear the inventory regardless of UI state.

Try replacing lines 205 with:

if (KickStarter.playerMenus.EventSystem != null && KickStarter.playerMenus.EventSystem.IsPointerOverGameObject () && !KickStarter.settingsManager.InventoryDragDrop)

• Thanks, I'll report if this has any knock-on effects.