Forum rules - please read before posting.

Character Wizard

I downloaded the character and animation from Maxamo. I also created a simple animator controller with idle, walk and run.
I ran through the character wizard. I have baked the navmesh and created a navmesh segment. I am having an issue controlling the character. When I click on the floor to make him move it started one step and then get frozen on running pose. Please advice ?

Comments

• Now, I was able to make animation working, but the player is not moving forward just doing walking and running animation. Is something to do with root motion, Is the animations dowloaded from maxamo does not do root motion ?

• Is the animations dowloaded from maxamo does not do root motion ?

That would be a question for Mixamo - but you can tell by going into the Animation tab of the model file. If playing the walk/run animations result in the character moving infinitely along the floor, they'll support root motion.

If you're using root motion animations, make sure that "Apply Root Motion" is checked in your character's Animator component.

Root Motion also tends to work better with a Character Controller component, instead of a Rigidbody / Capsule Collider combination.

What version of Unity did you download AC from? If 2018.3 or newer, then the Demo's player character, Tin Pot, also relies on Root Motion.

Try dropping him into the scene to see if he works - if not, the issue may be with your scene. He can be found in /Assets/AdventureCreator/Demo/Resources. You'll need to temporarily disable your own Player character if he's present in the scene file.

How does Tin Pot behave?

• Tin Pot is working fine with no issues. I have used he AC character wizard to create a player. I know the player has a Rigidbody and the Capsule Collider components. I don't know it has a character controller. I will check when I go home. It seems like it is moving infinitely on the floor when I playing walk and run animation.

When I unchecked the 'Apply Root Motion' from Animator it started moving forward but it is sliding when stopping. I will work on it at night ans I see if I figure it out. Thanks

• I know the player has a Rigidbody and the Capsule Collider components. I don't know it has a character controller.

The Character Wizard will assign a Rigidboy and Capsule Collider by default, but given the many sources a character's graphics can come from, this may not always be best. You'll have to manually remove them and attach a Character Controller.

Once done, and the character does not move forward with "Apply Root Motion" checked, then it sounds like the animation is not set up to allow for root motion. Again, this'll be down to the original file you're using, but try configuring the motion fields in the model's Animation tab. More on this topic can be found here.

• After adding the character controller, it started working. Thanks