Forum rules - please read before posting.

FaceFX

edited November 2014 in Engine development
Hello All!

Has anyone got FaceFX working in AC?  The thing is, I need to play a Legacy animation on the Character which is Speaking and it just so happens to be the name of the Speech file that is currently being played.

So if Player0.wav is playing, I need to play the Legacy Animation "Player0" on that character.  If Bob1.wav is playing, I need to play the Legacy Animation "Bob1" on that other character.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Comments

• Ok, I got it working, but may I make a suggestion on the Dialog.cs script.

on the EndMessage function, it loops through the speaking character for the AnimLayer.Mouth.  This basically kept destroying my animation I had for FaceFX working.

Can this be an option in the Settings not to modify the AnimLayer.Mouth as a bool?  Such as "Is Third Party LipSync?"

Thanks!
  • Hey Matrix,
    Was wondering if you wouldn't mind providing a bit of a guide on how you got FaceFX working with AC, since you figured it out?
  • Good work @matrix211v1!

As it happens, there's some heavy changes being made to Dialog.cs for 1.40, to make way for new LipSyncing options.  If you can, please wait until that's out before we talk about such changes - it'll make integration (and possibly official support) much easier to deal with.
  • @DieHappyGames

Sure!  I just modified the Dialog.cs file a little to get it to call the animation for the GameObject that is talking.  When I used FaceFX, I named my animations the same as the Audio file.  An example would be "Player0" or "Guard1".

In the Dialog.cs file, it loads the audioclip as a Resource.Load and I use that name to call the Animation.  Currently it works but if I have to update AC, it will destroy my changes.  I'm in the process of pulling the code out and maybe create an Action to do a SendMessage to do the same thing.

• I can say that the FaceFX seems to be working with 1.40.  The sound may be a little off, but I'm going to more testing on it today.