Forum rules - please read before posting.

Advanced 3rd Person Camera Animator Issue

In my 3d game, I am using the Advanced Third Person Camera and have implemented a crouch mechanic for my character.

I want to also move the camera down a bit in the Y axis when the character is crouched, and I have tried using animation (on the camera itself) and an Object: Transform action on the camera using a moveable component, however it seems that the "Regions" Height Offset settings overrides whatever you do to the actual camera.

Would it be possible to get an update for the Advanced 3rd Person Camera that allows the Regions Offset settings to be altered via the animator? Currently I don't think they are accessible to animation.

Comments

• It might be better to have a separate "crouch" camera and transition between them - presumably you don't want the camera to snap to it's new height?

• That's certainly an option, it's just that I already have two cameras, one for "Aim Mode" which always stays behind the player, and one for normal character movement, which the player can freely rotate.
    If I were to have an extra one for crouching for each "state", that would be four cameras and I worry a bit about the potential performance impact.

• I'd say it's worth trying out. You can disable cameras that you're not using currently if there are performance issues.

• Oh wait - I actually can't use a separate camera for entering Aim Mode™ because the character relies on Final IK's Aim IK component - this makes them aim at a target. In my case, this target is a child of the camera.

• Just coming back to this, I can't see any way around it, so if possible could you make the update to the Advanced TP Camera, or perhaps tell me what I'd need to edit in it's script so I can try and add it myself please? It would benefit me greatly.

• I don't follow from your "aim mode" explanation why you can't rely on a separate camera, but regardless - I've updated the package with a heightOffset variable that you can modify through script.

• Thanks Chris.