Forum rules - please read before posting.

How to implement custom airplane controller and custom axes???

Is it anyway to do it whitout coding???

Comments

• edited April 2020

Welcome to the community, @markom89.

Can you elaborate on what you mean, exactly? You're looking to control an airplane flying around the scene? Or are you talking about e.g. the camera?

AC is intended for traditional adventure games, not flight simulators. If you're looking to control a plane then you'll want to look into using a different asset than this one.

• OK
    tnx anyway

• Question for you @ChrisIceBox

I am creating a 3d first person "walking simulator" type game, which takes place on a number of floating islands. There is an aspect of the game where you fly to multiple islands (this happens to be in an RV, but the mode of transport doesn't really matter haha). You don't have to fly around and shoot enemies, it is not a "flight simulator" in that respect, but I do want to be able to watch the RV from a 3rd person perspective "take off", fly around the scene, and then land on another island. My thought is a controller like this one: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/physics/easy-aircraft-controls-151246

Would I be able to integrate this into my Adventure Creator game easily? I literally just need to take off, fly somewhere (perhaps to the edge of a scene and then "load" to another scene with another island), and land, no fancy fights/enemies/gauges/features etc.

Thank you very much!

-B

• Welcome to the community, @TheMadMen.

So each island would be a separate scene? Would you switch between scenes (i.e. only one open at a time), or add/remove the based on Player position (so that multiple could be open at once)?

Certainly you'd need another asset other than AC, but integrating the two together shouldn't be too difficult given the scope of what you're trying to do.

The exact steps, though, would depend on the asset and how much you want it to replace AC. By this I mean: does it replace AC's MainCamera, Menus and so on? Are AC Variables no longer accessed, etc?

If you want to, you can shut AC down completely by calling:

AC.KickStarter.TurnOffAC ();

If you want more control, you can instead use the Engine: Manage systems Action (or its code equivalent) to selectively shut down certain systems (such as Movement and Interaction), while keeping others (such as Menus) enabled.

You can disable the AC MainCamera object so that you can use a separate camera system if necessary, but you may want to simply integrate it with AC's camera system instead. Just attach a "Basic Camera" component to a custom camera type, and you'll be able to reference it in AC's Camera: Switch Actions, etc.

As for the AC Player character, it's probably easier to hide them from view or make them invisible during the sequence. You can make them invisible with:

AC.KickStarter.player.Hide ();

Once the sequence is over, and you know where you want to "resume" AC, you can teleport the Player to the new position with the Object: Teleport Action (or through script).

Things'll get a bit tricky if you're involving scene-switching - particlarly if you're loading scenes additively. So that you can save the state of the game properly after landing, you'll need to handle scene transitions using AC so that it's aware of what's open. Because of this, I'd recommend doing a couple of tests:

1. Use AC to make a very simple test animation that doesn't involve any other asset, but just moves the camera to the edge of the scene, switch to another, and automatically place the player on a neighbouring island. This can help you figure out what Actions etc are needed from AC to handle things - and when they should be called.
    2. Separately look into what third-party asset works best for you, without involving AC. Get familiar with its API and how it works, and then look into how to merge it with AC.