Forum rules - please read before posting.

Mobile Input Keyboard Missing

Hi everyone, I am creating a mobile game and I have an input box for the player to add their name. However, when I run the game on android the keyboard is not popping up. Are AC input boxes supported by i0S/Android? And if not is there a workaround to call the keyboard to the input box? Let me know if you need any additional information/screenshots. Thank you.

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @Riderdye.

Yes, a platform-native keyboard should appear upon tapping an Input menu's element when running a build on iOS or Android.

What are your AC and Unity versions, and can you share a screenshot of the Input element's properties?

Does it behave like a regular input box when testing in the Editor?

• Hi @ChrisIceBox thank you for your response.

AC - V.1.71.0
    Unity - 2019.2.17f1

Here are the screenshots:
    https://ibb.co/S562NnR (Menu Properties)
    https://ibb.co/GRpzZR4 (Input Element)

It will let me enter a name with a keyboard when I press play in the unity editor and it transfers over to the token perfectly. However when I build and run onto my android, or while using unity remote no keyboard will show up. Please let me know if you need any additional information!

• Thanks - things look OK from what I can see here.

What if you check Require selection to accept input?, and is your Settings Manager's Input method set to Touch Screen?

I'll attempt a recreation.

• Found the culprit. Open up PlayerMenus.cs, and find the SelectInput box function around line 2145.

Replace its contents with the following:

public virtual void SelectInputBox (MenuInput input)
    {
        selectedInputBox = input;

// Mobile keyboard
        #if (UNITY_IPHONE || UNITY_ANDROID) && !UNITY_EDITOR
        TouchScreenKeyboardType keyboardType = (input.inputType == AC_InputType.NumbericOnly)
                                                ? TouchScreenKeyboardType.NumberPad
                                                : TouchScreenKeyboardType.ASCIICapable;

keyboard = TouchScreenKeyboard.Open (input.label, keyboardType, false, false, false, false, string.Empty);

#if UNITY_2018_3_OR_NEWER
        keyboard.characterLimit = input.characterLimit;
        #endif

#endif
    }

I'll make the same change to the next official release.

• @ChrisIceBox Yes! That was it. Thank you so much. I appreciate you taking the time to help me.