Forum rules - please read before posting.

Update Issue MultiSceneChecker

Sorry to bother,

After the newest update. I've got a few problems.

Unity 2019.2.6f1
Ac V1.71.1

Spawned instance of Player 'My new Player'.

-> AC debug logger
UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object, Object)
AC.ACDebug:Log(Object, Object) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/ACDebug.cs:20)
AC.Player:SpawnFromPrefab(Int32) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Character/Player.cs:967)
AC.PlayerPrefab:GetSceneInstance(Boolean) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Character/PlayerPrefab.cs:105)
AC.PlayerPrefab:SpawnInScene(Boolean) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Character/PlayerPrefab.cs:120)
AC.PlayerData:UpdatePresenceInScene() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/PlayerData.cs:386)
AC.SaveSystem:SpawnAllPlayers() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/SaveSystem.cs:1819)
AC.KickStarter:PreparePlayer() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/KickStarter.cs:1123)
AC.KickStarter:Initialise() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/KickStarter.cs:1104)
AC.MultiSceneChecker:Awake() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/MultiSceneChecker.cs:44)

It creates two version of the player and doesn't animate

m

Comments

• AC's player-switching workflow has changed. All players listed in the Settings Manager now need to be given starting scene data - see the tutorial here.

If you need help upgrading, share details on your setup and I can advise.

• What do you require in terms of setup?

• How your game actually plays, in terms of what players you can control and when.

• Hi,

The scene spawns two instances of the same player (default)

Does that help?

I do have two players but only switch them rarely and they aren't in the same scenes together

• edited May 2020

Is this your game's first scene in the build settings, and does it occur in every scene?

Are there any Player objects in the scene file already, and have you given the "Pest" player a starting scene by clicking "Edit start data.." in the cog menu beside their name?

Lets see the Inspectors of both the Players in the scene.

• Hi,

1. It's not the first scene, just the one i'm working on
    2. There's just the default player in the scene
    3. Yes I have the "pest" starting scene set

Mart

• If you're relying on Player-switching, you'll need to remove any "local" Players present in the scene.

The local Player won't be removed automatically, but nor will be controllable.

• So if I remove 'my player' from the scene. It sorts out the spawning issue but the player doesn't animate.

What do you mean by "local"?

m

• By "local", I mean the Player saved in the scene file.

Local Players are not allowed when using the Player-switching feature - you can only rely on the spawned Player prefabs listed in the Settings Manager.

If the spawned Player doesn't animate, then there's an issue with the Player prefab itself. Compare the prefab with the local one you had for any differences, and check also the Console for related warning messages.

• Ok thanks,

I've got it back working,