Forum rules - please read before posting.

Container "Shift Next" Offset buttons not working

I have a container in my scene and am using the default AC menu with a direct control setup, and it seems that the shift left/right buttons are not working so there is no way to scroll through the items in the container, or select an empty slot.

AC 1.70.4
Unity 2018.3

Comments

• Let's see screens of the Container element's properties, as well as that of your Settings Manager.

If you duplicate your project and import the latest AC release, does it too have the same issue? This may have been fixed already.

• The issue persists in latest version. Here are the settings for the "Shift Right" Element button on the container, as well as the Settings Manager.

https://imgur.com/a/YmVWhVp

• I'm having trouble recreating any issue. It looks like you're using the default Container menu - did you modify it at all? What if you generate a new one by copy/pasting the Container menu from the Default_MenuManager asset?

If you check Only show when effective?, do the shift Buttons remain, and are you getting any relevant messages in the Console?

• edited May 2020

Okay it is working now (sorry, my fault again!) - at some point I had set the ContainerItems element's Max number of slots to 8, but by default the only slots visible are 5, so the shift would not seem to work. So, if using Only show when effective? you would have to put 9 items in the container (which is more than you can actually see) for the shift button to become active.

I have a request though, if I may. When placing an inventory item onto a container slot which already has an item occupying it, the option to swap said inventory item for the item in that container slot, rather than just placing the inventory item in the container.
    This is because I have a limited inventory for the player, very similar to classic Resident Evil, and it would make it less of a hassle for the player to transfer items to/from inventory & container. Not a deal breaker, but a "quality of life" improvement I guess you'd call it.

• Noted, thanks for the feedback.