Forum rules - please read before posting.

BUG:

Hi Chris,

I am fiddeling with AC now for a few weeks and up to now I am very impressed and satisfied ;)

I noticed a small bug, nothing important, but a bit annoying, and maybe you like to fix it in future versions.

I am currently on newest AC 1.71.8, and I noticed the bug in Unity 2019.4.8 as well as 2019.4.9.

In the settings, I have checked "Take screenshot when saving?", and it works well.
However, I cannot manage save-game files while this option is ticked, so every time I want to look into a save game, I have to uncheck that option, otherwise I will get:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
AC.SaveFileHandler_SystemFile.LoadScreenshot (System.String fileName) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/FileHandling/SaveFileHandler_SystemFile.cs:247)
AC.SaveFileHandler_SystemFile.GatherSaveFiles (System.Int32 profileID, System.Boolean isImport, System.Int32 boolID, System.String separateProductName, System.String separateFilePrefix) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/FileHandling/SaveFileHandler_SystemFile.cs:200)
AC.SaveFileHandler_SystemFile.GatherSaveFiles (System.Int32 profileID) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/FileHandling/SaveFileHandler_SystemFile.cs:131)
AC.SaveFileManager.SaveFileGUI () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/SaveFileManager.cs:220)
AC.SaveFileManager.OnGUI () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/SaveFileManager.cs:52)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at :0)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at :0)
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at :0)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at :0)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at :0)
UnityEditor.HostView.OldOnGUI () (at :0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 parentTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout, UnityEngine.Rect layoutSize, System.Action onGUIHandler, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at :0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Action onGUIHandler, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at
:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoIMGUIRepaint () (at
UnityEngine.UIElements.UIR.RenderChainCommand.ExecuteNonDrawMesh (UnityEngine.UIElements.UIR.DrawParams drawParams, System.Boolean straightY, System.Single pixelsPerPoint, System.Exception& immediateException) (at
Rethrow as ImmediateModeException
UnityEngine.UIElements.UIR.RenderChain.Render (UnityEngine.Rect viewport, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 projection, UnityEngine.UIElements.PanelClearFlags clearFlags) (at
UnityEngine.UIElements.UIRRepaintUpdater.DrawChain (UnityEngine.Rect viewport, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 projection) (at
UnityEngine.UIElements.UIRRepaintUpdater.Update () (at
UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualTreeUpdater.UpdateVisualTreePhase (UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualTreeUpdatePhase phase) (at
UnityEngine.UIElements.Panel.UpdateForRepaint () (at
UnityEngine.UIElements.Panel.Repaint (UnityEngine.Event e) (at
UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.DoDispatch (UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel panel) (at
UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at
UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at <819de1aa368e45faa4f78e26c97c62b0>:0)

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @Riffmaster.

Thanks for the bug report. I will look into it, and will let you know here if I need any more details on how to reproduce this.

Incidentally, this post got caught in the spam blocker for a while. Apologies - I'm not sure why that was - but I've now verified your account so it shouldn't happen again.

• Thanks alot Chris, I think it was because it was my first opened discussion, the board stated that the post had to be verified. Or maybe because I forgot to complete the Topic and only stated BUG: :wink:

• Recreated.

To fix: open up SaveFileHandler_SystemFile.cs, and replace line 244:

if (File.Exists (fileName))

with:

if (File.Exists (fileName) && Application.isPlaying && KickStarter.saveSystem)

• Thanks, now it works like a charm :wink: